Duties and Responsibilities
Procurement & Supply Chain Management
- Initiate business partnerships to secure the most advantageous terms with external vendors
- Leading procurement and IT team dedicatedly and supervise all related activities.
- Execute both general (stationary, offices and project supplies) and technical (communication systems, security and safety equipments, IT equipments) purchases.
- Forecasting levels of demand for services and products to meet the business needs
- Developing an organization’s purchasing strategy, ERP Implementations
- Provide comparative statements to management to authorize and approve the purchases
- Approve the ordering of necessary goods and services, finalize purchase details of orders and deliveries
- Track and report key functional metrics to reduce expenses and improve effectiveness
- Expect unfavorable events through analysis of data and prepare control strategies
- Perform risk management for supply contracts and agreements
- Control spend and build a culture of long-term saving on procurement costs
- Manage every aspect of the supply chain and notify management team of any possible obstacles to ideal efficiency
- Develops and implements strategies for procuring, storing, distributing goods or services and maintaining stock levels
- Use analytical skills with multiple vendors to determine the best deals for the company and must evaluate the many pros and cons of each, based on price, quality, speed of delivery and other factors.
- Main purchases include but not limited to (staff and personnel Uniform, Head office and Branch Offices Stationaries and IT Equipments, IT software and Technologies, Furniture, cleaning materials etc)
Offices and Camps/ facility Management
- Facility management services to all rented and company owned camps and offices all over UAE
- Negotiates financial agreements with related rented camp owners
- Managing tenancy and leasehold agreements of all rented facilities
- Preparation of fiscal camps rental budget to achieve corporate goals.
- Develop both short-term and long-term strategic plans related to rented and owned premises
- Leasing of offices and camps facilities with an overall responsibility to manage 5,000+ employees
- Investigate the availability and suitability of options for new premises
- calculate and compare costs for required goods or services to achieve maximum value for money
- direct, coordinate and plan essential services such as reception, security, maintenance, mail, archiving, cleaning, catering, waste disposal and recycling
- Plan best allocation/utilization of space/resources for new buildings, or re-organizing of current premises
- Respond appropriately to emergencies or urgent issues as they arise and deal with the consequences.
- Inspect buildings’ structures to determine the need for repairs or renovations
- Review utilities consumption and strive to minimize costs
- Handle insurance plans and secure annual maintains contracts with various suppliers such maintenance, air conditioning, gas supplies, drainage waters, fire installations and equipments, elevators, cleaning, waste management, CCTVs etc and any other relevant suppliers.
- Investigates on problems of staff at camps or in the dormitories; gives recommendations and support to team members to follow up and resolve.
- Ensure compliance with Civil Defense Safety Guidelines of "Safety in Labour Camps" and adherence to "UAE Life Safety Code.
- Carry out camps audits and submit recommendations to management.
- Monitor the ERP progress and data base of camp occupancies
- Coordinate camps & offices operations or activities with public law enforcement, fire and other agencies
- Submit monthly reports to CEO office as per format agreed.
- Outsourced company fleet to rent a cars and general passengers transport companies
- Develop and Implement fuel policies, logs, branding and cost centers consumptions
- Vehicles insurance, KPIs, audits and inspections
- Lead procurement of vehicles through Banks financing and selling it off
- Execute fleet contracts and tenders, comparative studies and its impact
- Administration of fuel cards issuance, cancellations, loss and damages.
- Monitor Drivers and fuel cards data base, rosters, trip details
- Supervise transit system operation including routing, scheduling and monitoring of vehicles
- Manage and supervise events and temporary transportation needs and ensure cost effectiveness
- Ensure smooth operations of project related vehicles and maintain standards
- Perform branding of vehicles and ensure to maintain standards
- Investigate incidents and misuse of vehicles and keep high transparency
- Execute Fleet contracts and process of POs on monthly basis.
- Manage vehicles maintenance through workshops and ensure genuine repairs
- Provide cost and benefits analysis of transportation head of branches to management
- Monitor of company fuel consumptions and ensure best utilization
- Taking corrective actions of those misuse fuel and vehicles
- Promote innovative technologies to improve efficiency in fleet management and mobilization
- Submit monthly reports to CEO office as per format agreed.
- Supervise and Maintain all Camps Contracts
- Supervise and Maintain all Suppliers Contracts
- Supervise and Maintain all Offices Contracts
- Supervise and Maintain all Facilities Management Contracts
- Supervise and Maintain all Outsourced Fleet Contracts
- Supervise and Maintain all Telecommunications License
- Supervise and Maintain all IT Software and Office Equipments contracts
- Establish and execute the project implementation performance measurements scope and timeline progress
- Lead the projects to deliver the services as per the baseline program defined in the financial agreement
- Allocation of resources to the different heads, both financial and human
- Establish and maintain a strong working relationship with all project stakeholders
- Develop timely project status reports, monitor project risk factors, escalate project issues
- Conduct project meetings and produce standard project documentation
- Implementation Project Plan specifies the goals, activities, schedules, and allotment of resources.
- Understand strategy, decision-making, work flow and vital business function
- Attract, motivate, coach and develop team members
- Developing and implementing SOPs, policies and procedures
- Budget, forecast, review financial statements and manage business metrics
- Preparation and implementation of Departmental related procedures, policies, SOPs
- Participate and assist with ISO certification audits.
- Provide Cost analysis and budgeting of services related proposals and tenders
- Develop Business strategies, goals, assignments, targets to subordinates and monitor progress
- Provide recommendations and analysis for Return on Investments (ROIs) where applicable
- Recommendations for staff performance appraisals, job descriptions reviews and promotions
- Reviews administrative requirements; addresses actual / potential shortfalls
- Verify, validate and approve all related petty cash summaries and expenses.
- Team player and act as a trainer for subordinate and new staff
RESPONSIBILITY, ACCOUNTABILITY AND AUTHORITY
(Interaction and integration with other departments/ management)
1.1 Operations Department: Staff mobilizations, Training and licensing Exams mobilizations, Events transportation and equipment, Providing Uniforms, Project related equipment, Food and water provisions, Temporary transportation needs, Staff vehicles.
1.2 Finance Department: Petty cash approvals, fleet and premises contracts, monthly invoices and utilities expenses, issuance of POs and all expenses recoding, timely forwarding and allocations etc
1.3 Human Resources: Coordination with registration of camps in MOL, Staff performance appraisals, Civil Defence inspections, facilitate induction trainings and new arrivals
1.4 Business Development: Participate in tender costing, advise all type of administrative costs, and forecasted budgetary estimations for upcoming tenders.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
• Graduate with minimum 10 years of experience in Procurement and administration
• Good communication in English is essential and Arabic would be plus.
• Should have valid UAE driving license.
• Good knowledge of UAE Labor rules and regulations
• Dealing with employees, good interpersonal skills
• Understanding of labor problems and capability to solve problems
Working Hours of shall be normal office hours but should be available on call