What will my responsibilities look like in this role?
To manage architectural/engineering design projects within the parameters of time, budget and quality. The position will customarily be supported by a Project Manager and Design Manager.
Your responsibilities would include but not limited to details as provided below:
• To provide leadership and direction to the Project Delivery Team ensuring timely and effective decision making
• To act as focal point for all future developments and changes proposed for current and future projects
• To ensure the effective implementation of Procedures and Best Practice in line with the requirements of the business
• Appointment and commercial management of all required sub-consultants or other services
• To carry out the day-to-day management of the Project.
• Establish and manage project scope and objectives
• Resolution of technical and commercial disputes
• Identify and manage project specific risks
• Develop and maintain internal and external communication plans and maintain responsibility for all external communication
• Coordinate the services being provided by all parties, including other Business Sectors and sub-consultants.
• To provide front line communication and contact with the Client effectively managing Client expectations and ensuring Client satisfaction in line with the project scope
• To provide strategic advice for the Client with respect to overall development issues
• Liaison with the Client and Project Stakeholders
• Provide the principle point of contact with the client for the delivery of the Project services, and through which other Business Sectors and sub-consultants operate.
• To coordinate an overall schedule of meetings
• To specifically ensure that workshops deliver requirements
• Ensure the quality and timeliness of service delivery to clients
• Preparation, management and implementation of the project schedule with particular emphasis on:
• Statutory Authority approvals
• design reviews
• efficient delivery of project milestones
• Communication with Project Stakeholders including issue of schedule where appropriate
• Oversee claims management
• Overall Financial management of the project including:
o Preparation and maintenance of the Project Cost Plan
o Cash collection
o Management of Change Control
o Maintain agreed cash flow objectives by billing in accordance with the agreement.
• Preparation of and responsibility for performance measurement and cost reports and in particular the Monthly Project Review.
• Review deliverables against the resource and project schedules to establish performance against spend and programme to enable an accurate cost to complete to be maintained.
• Establish and maintain the administration and finance requirements through Deltek.
Scope & Quality:
• To direct policy on the standard and quality of outputs
• Preparation of the overall project brief and project management plan and manage delivery against the plan
• Ensure that contractual deliverables are produced to the quality standards required, issued on time and in compliance with the clients requirements
• Monitoring quality of the work with respect to Project/Client requirements
• To establish, implement and maintain a Project Reporting Plan
• Report to SSH senior management by exception
• Chair and Issue meeting minutes of all formal project meetings with external and internal parties
What do I need to apply?
• Minimum 15 years’ experience in Project Management of the design of building projects.
• Strong building design experience gained from International Consulting Companies
• Must be a fully qualified Project Management Professional
• Experience in Middle East is a preference.
• Developed Engineering Design skills along with an indepth understanding of the design process and interfaces between design disciplines.
• It is essential that the correct individual must be able to demonstrate extensive experience of, delivering building projects in the Middle East from concept through to detailed design as part of a multidisciplinary design team.
• Excellent command of English (written and spoken).
• Proficiency in verbal and written Arabic is an advantage but not essential.
• Must possess an Architectural and/or Engineering Bachelor’s degree
• MSc / MBA degree in Construction or Project Management preferable