The Public Health Engineer will be a professional with the relevant qualifications, certifications and professional memberships. You are capable to provide planning and technical expertise to manage complex tasks and multiple projects in our Building Design Division based in Kuwait.
You will be working as part of a design team and will plan, schedule, organize, coordinate and execute the design work on small to medium scale projects (or distinct portions of larger projects), with periodic interaction with Discipline Leads.
Qualifications held must be a minimum of BSc, BEng, BA or equivalent.
What are my core accountabilities in this role?
• Engineering Design
• Team Leading
• Client Interface
• Design Coordination
• Interface with Statutory Authorities
• Design Research
• Site back-up
• Mentoring and supervision of junior staff
What will my responsibilities look like?
To provide high level of technical design engineering services to the team on multiple projects
• Coordinate and lead the assigned team of Engineers and Technicians on a day basis and ensure that design excellence is achieved throughout.
• Develop a through design philosophy, effectively contributing to the inception and the development of a project.
• Lead the design work ensuring project objectives are met, design instructions are implemented and delivery is achieved within the set time and budget.
• Responsible for the correctness, accuracy and complete multi-disciplinary coordination of the design documentation prepared by the assigned team.
• Coordinate and develop responses to review comments, tender queries, contractor's queries, etc.
• Responsible, with guidance from Senior team members, for the preparation and compilation of design presentations and design reports.
• Actively pursue or has achieved professional accreditation and licensure.
What do I need to apply?
Qualities & Skills
• Developed Engineering Design skills and understanding of the design process and interfaces between design disciplines.
• Extensive project experience.
• Flexibility of attitude towards company objectives.
• Cordial relationships with clients and stakeholders.
• Understanding of commercial management of projects.
• Understanding of scope definition and scope interface.
• Proficiency in AutoCAD and REVIT, word processing and presentation programs.
• Detailed knowledge of SSH's standards, policies, codes and procedures and ability to transmit the same to others.
• Full knowledge of Statutory Authorities requirements, knowledge of codes, regulations and submission requirements.
• Developed knowledge of Fire & Life Safety Principles.
• Developed knowledge of Sustainable Design principles.
• Ability and will to mentor and provide support to junior staff members and spread knowledge across the wider architectural community.
• Ability and will to update knowledge.
• Excellent command of English (written and spoken). Knowledge of other languages is an added value
• Office 365
• Online Communication tools (Skype, Web ex)
• Adobe Acrobat Professional DC.
• PDF Xchange Editor
• AutoCAD Revit LT Suite
• Navisworks Freedom
• Elite Structure D-Pipe
• Elite Structure Fire
• Elite Structure S-Pipe
• Bachelor's Degree in Engineering (BEng) or Masters Degree in Engineering (MEng)
• Chartership or Professional Engineering designation/ license is desirable but not essential
• Membership of a recognized professional body is desirable but not essential
SSH specialise in the delivery of world class, design-led projects in the MENA region. We are a multidisciplinary firm with a 50 year track record and expertise in architecture, engineering, infrastructure, interior design and project management.
We are respected project leaders, trusted international partners and reputable employers. Our aim is to raise the profile of sustainable design and engineering throughout our region by offering an exceptional blend of quality, innovation and value.
ABOUT SSH DESIGN SSH (formerly Salem Al-Marzouk and Sabah Abi-Hanna) was founded in Kuwait in 1961. Since then, we have expanded to become one of the MENA region’s leading Architecture and Engineering firms. We played a key role in the planning, design and delivery of modern Kuwait’s infrastructure. We have led many landmark projects that have re-shaped the nation’s skyline, enhanced its urban fabric, improved transportation networks and promoted economic growth. Today, SSH International employs 500 people and has offices in Kuwait, Oman, Abu Dhabi and South Africa. We are currently ranked at number 97 in the world by World Architecture Magazine and at number 8 in our region. We place a strong emphasis on design integrity and combine this with our unparalleled working knowledge of the region. These qualities have made SSH a trusted strategic partner of the world’s leading design firms. SSH has always recruited high calibre people who bring expertise and innovation to every project. We have also maintained a strong ethical approach to running our business. With 50 years’ experience, we have an exemplary track record and we remain firmly committed to raising the profile and quality of architectural and engineering projects throughout our region.
Our Vision To be the architectural and engineering consultant, strategic partner and employer of choice in the MENA Region Our Mission In order to realise our vision we will: Provide regional leadership in delivering high standards of quality and value to our customers. Collaborate with the world's leading designers, as projects require, delivering exceptional design and engineering services. Continue to raise our international and regional profile through innovation and the proficient delivery of landmark projects. Promote a performance-based culture throughout our whole business structure. Employ and empower the best people in a creative environment to ensure we meet our customers' design and development challenges. Support our people within an extended family work environment and we will promote a healthy work / life balance. Ensure that openness and integrity are always at the core of everything we do as we strengthen relationships built on trust. Build long term shareholder value through the realisation of our vision.
Company Values SSH will operate within strict legal and ethical guidelines in all of our activities. We will provide a challenging and rewarding environment for all employees and maintain a sharp focus on professional excellence, Health and Safety and environmental awareness. We will strive to maintain and extend our creative, design, technical, process and commercial advantage over our competitors. Our collaborative approach will be reflected throughout our organisation and ensure that our customers and partners regard us as the ‘Go to Guys’ for design and project delivery throughout the region. SERVICES > MASTERPLANNING > ARCHITECTURE > ENGINEERING > INFRASTRUCTURE > INTERIOR DESIGN > ICTS > COST MANAGEMENT > CONSTRUCTION SERVICES > ENVIRONMENTAL GRAPHIC DESIGN > PERMITTING
Job Description :
To ensure customer service and support all operations. To create customer delight at every interaction.
Interacting with external customers and internal customers and addressing their queries, requests and complaints.
Committed TATs are met consistently
Complaints Management- addressing customer complaints at the branch, system updation, coordination with Sales/HUB/ other functions for resolution.
Refunds processing and dispatch
Undelivered policy documents tracking and management.
Maintenance of all files and registers.
New Business Processing:-
Handling end to end New business processing starting from creation of Client id,Case start up, New business login, Follow up for policy issuance, Quality Check
Follow up with HUB for policy issuance of pending cases