Ensure that the company receives maximum value for the money spent by ensuring efficient procurement of goods and services. Coordinate the purchasing activities for the organization as well as joint venture companies. Resolve any issues that come up, through innovative thinking and teamwork, also ensure complete compliance with departmental, corporate and state policies and procedure.
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Assist in tendering and awarding call off agreements for all repetitive purchases as per the policies of the section/ department.
2. Prepare Limited Tender Committee (LTC) submissions for tendering and award proposals. The incumbent shall present the same to tender committees for discussion and getting endorsements.
3. Ensure that all stages of the procurement process from the pre-tender stage to the post-award stage are implemented successfully and that all commitments are entered into the SAP system.
4. Plan and coordinate all activities required for conducting any commodity-based purchases.
Inspection and Control:
5. Identify any non-conformities and make suggestions for improving procedures related to purchasing.
6. Follow-up on orders to ensure that the required materials are shipped and delivered on the date promised by the supplier.
7. Conduct value and ageing analysis of the purchased products to improve efficiency.
8. Build and maintain effective relationships with the government and custom authorities to prevent any problems when goods are imported by the company.
9. Liaise with other departments on a regular basis to identify their requirements for goods and services.
10. Assist in negotiating on commercial terms with suppliers such as prices to maximize the value for money. The incumbent shall always safeguard the company' s interest.
11. Liaise and coordinate with the end users and the logistics staff to ensure on-time deliveries.
12. Coordinate with the selected bidder to ensure completion of alI administrative processes and submission of all contract documents.
13. Seek opportunities for consolidation by establishing and managing supply agreements which are directed towards reduction of overall acquisition and inventory cost.
14. Collaborate with the joint venture companies of Nakilat for joint utilization of supply agreements.
15. Maintain accurate records for audit trail purposes as per' P&P of the purchasing section.
16. Support the evaluation of quotations and clarify all technical queries with vendors and end user departments/sections.
17. Maintain appropriate records to ensure that the procurement process and the contractual agreements are accurately documented for accountability and audit purpose.
18. Provide assistance in managing the administrative process from preparation of nil documents till the award of the contract.
19. Evaluate purchase requisitions and source all the required materials from the approved suppliers of the company. The incumbent shall use the existing supply agreements if any.
20. Assist the Head of Purchasing in maintaining all related procurement documents and manuals.
21. Assist in the preparation of Requests for Quotation, Initiation to Bid, Requests for Proposal and ensure timely dispatch of these documents to concerned parties.
22. Conduct market research and gather market intelligence on new products and suppliers.
23. Monitor the global trends with regards to all repetitive purchase materials.
24. Assist the end user departments / sections in obtaining the pricing information they require for developing their department / section budget.
Quality, Health, Safety, Security & Environment (QHSSE):
1. Adhere to all relevant QHSSE policies, procedures, instructions, and controls so that NKOM provides a safe, world class, secure and environmentally responsible service to customers, the public and its own people.
Policies, Systems, Processes & Procedures:
2. Follow all relevant departmental policies and procedures so that work is carried out in a controlled and consistent manner.
3. Expedite any urgent purchase orders or purchase requests as required.
4. Monitor the performance of the suppliers of the organization.
5. Provide support to the end users in case of any dispute on price, delivery and quality.
6. Carry out any other duties as directed by the immediate supervisor.
EDUCATIONAL / PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS
1. Degree in Marine, Mechanical, Electrical & Electronics, Instrumentation Engineering. Alternatively, a Degree in Business or Supply Chain and coupled with commensurate experience.
2. Qualification for organization like Chartered Institute for Purchasing and Supply (CIPS), ISM and APICS
WORKING EXPERIENCES AND SKILLS
1. Minimum 3 years of relevant experience in the industry
Job Specific Skills:
1. Complete understanding of supply chain, procurement and contracting and materials management
2. Computer literate with a general understanding of procurement computer systems and computer literacy in office applications
3. Working knowledge of SAP is an added advantage
4. Skilled in cost analysis, price analysis and procurement risk analysis
If Interested Kindly Apply On Below Link :