The Research Scientist will establish and develop a strong research program which attracts peer
reviewed funds. The program will support HMC’s research strategy and the Qatar National Health and
Research Strategies. The Research Scientist will maximise the use of infrastructure, expand HMC’s
knowledge and skills base and develop new researchers.
The Research Scientist who works in clinical research areas may be responsible for:
SMA 2017/ Template
1. Implementation of clinical trials in HMC including development and planning of protocols
(safety, data consistency, trial timelines, budget, resources, eligibility and enrollment), within a
cross functional team
2. Interfacing with HMC clinical team members, clinical operations, scientific operations,
regulatory affairs, data management, and finance regarding day to day activities of research.
3. Serving as Local trial lead for HMC research within the AHS and main point of contact for day to
day governance of research.
4. Contributing to the preparation and review of clinical research documents including clinical
study protocol, clinical study reports (CSR) and submissions) and other study related documents
assuring quality and consistency.
5. Presenting in written and oral format: group productivity, project status and key deliverables to
The Research Scientist who works in laboratory research will be responsible for:
1. Planning and delivering research projects and programs that support HMC’s research
strategy and the National Health and Research Strategies for Qatar
2. Ensuring that all research support infrastructure is in place to deliver approved research
projects/programs, including securing peer reviewed research funding
3. Presentation of research findings at appropriate for a, including HMC, AHS, QNRF and
international scientific meetings
4. Providing research training and education for team members, higher degree students, and
as a part of HMC programs
5. Perform other duties as assign
PhD or equivalent terminal degree in a clinical or basic Scientific field from a recognized institution
For researchers working with human subjects: CITI and ILS certification
The applicant should have completed post-doctoral training and must be well recognized scientist with 5 years proven credentials (including 3 years in a post-doc role) in cutting-edge research proven record of basic, clinical or translation research expertise The applicant should have a record of research productivity, including peer reviewed funding and publication.