Education: Bachelor’s degree in restaurant management.
Directs and coordinates all activities and provides assistance to the staff, to ensure all established service standards and procedures of Shakespeare and Co are implemented consistently, leading to guest satisfaction, staff satisfaction and profit for the restaurant and company.
Under the general guidance of the General Manager/Operations Manager in accordance with the restaurant’s Policies and Procedures.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Responsible for the administration, sale and service.
2. Responsible for guiding all personnel assigned in the outlet in the performance of their duties and responsibilities.
3. Responsible for directing all efforts in Shakespeare and Co’s service standards in order to achieve the financial goals of the outlet.
4. Responsible for following up the implementation of Policies and Procedures required in operating Shakespeare and Co.
5. Responsible for checking the sufficiency of operating equipment and supplies required for service.
6. Responsible for maintaining the hygiene standards in the outlet.
7. Responsible for providing functional assistance to the staff during peak periods.
8. Responsible for scheduling sufficient manpower in the outlet to suit volume of business.
9. Responsible for maintaining a clean and wholesome ambiance in the outlet, controlling the restaurant’s temperature, ventilation, lighting effects and music.
1. Checks and ensures the timely submission of sales report at the end of each shift.
2. Conducts daily briefing and de-briefing and weekly meeting for all service staff in the outlet.
3. Reads and understands the monthly Profit and Loss Report, and monitors controllable costs through these reports.
4. Participates in the annual goal setting for the outlet, the business plan and marketing plan.
5. Recommends corrective actions for unfavorable variances in budget commitments.
6. Prepares effective duty roster to ensure sufficiency of manpower in accordance to volume of business.
7. Establishes two way communications with related departments such as Kitchen, Accounts, and Marketing.
8. Communicates effectively with guests, subordinates, and immediate superior.
9. Prepares daily cover count, itemized sale and revenue report for the outlet.
10. Attends daily F&B briefing, weekly F&B Meeting and all other training sessions and meetings required for the position.
11. Manages time effectively, by meeting deadlines on time.
12. Administers personnel action, on leaves, overtime requests, disciplinary actions and commendations.
13. Identifies and solves problems in the outlet in a professional manner.
14. Attends and solves guest complaints in the outlet ensuring a satisfactory resolution.
15. Assists the F&B Cost Controller in conducting month end inventory of food supplies, beverage supplies, operating supplies, and operating equipment.
16. Reports and controls breakage and losses in the outlet.
17. Prosecute the planned and recommends new promotions to increase outlet’s revenue & reputation.
1. Knows and understands all the food and beverage policies and procedures in regards to sale and service of food and beverage items.
2. Recognizes good quality products and presentation.
3. Directs all efforts in the outlet to maintain all service standards established for food and beverage service department.
4. Implements an effective cleaning and maintenance schedule for the outlet.
5. Directs all efforts in the outlet to achieve financial goals, by maximizing profits and minimizing costs.
6. Follows up in the implementation of truth in menus and advertising.
7. Knowledgeable on first aid, safety and security procedures affecting the outlet.
8. Maintains control procedures in food and beverage cost and cashiering.
9. Promotes guest satisfaction in the outlet.
10. Maintains grooming standards for himself and all service personnel in the outlet.
11. Capable of negotiating with various accounts to finalize the terms and condition of product sale and payment and ensure the proper follow ups.
12. Knows and understands the job description of all positions in Shakespeare and Co.
1. Communicates effectively with guests, clients, government officials and other important individuals to ensure satisfaction in service and product.
2. Participates and attains membership in associations and other community projects related to Shakespeare and Co and the hotel/restaurant industry to improve the company’s image and to ensure updates in products and services.
1. Interviews and conducts orientation effectively for supervisors and other service personnel.
2. Coaches and counsels restaurant staff effectively.
3. Evaluates the performance of all Shakespeare and Co staff objectively.
4. Identifies training needs within the restaurant.
5. Prepare and conducts actual training for the staff.
6. Motivates a strong and competent team.
7. Communicates openly with the outlet’s service personnel and keeps them informed of all important information to assist them in their jobs.
1. Reports to the General Manager and/or Managing Director(s).
2. Directs and supervises the activities of the associates in the outlet.
3. Coordinates with Kitchen section heads for reservations, special products and other activities in the Hotel.
4. Interacts with clients, guests, suppliers and other important individuals in the community in order to effectively promote the restaurant.
5. Set a personal example for the associates by consistent and impartial behavior in all personnel matters, including discipline through respect.
6. Perform any other function as may be assigned by the management.
7. Abide by the policies, rules and regulations of the restaurant on various issues/matters according to guidelines stipulated by management and Shakespeare and Co’s Standard Operating Procedures.
8. Check personal hygiene and be well groomed in appearance by wearing a smart, clean and neat uniform.