Under the general guidance of the Restaurant Manager and Assistant Restaurant Manager, in accordance to the Policies and Procedures established by the management of Shakespeare and Co. Practices high standards of hospitality while organizing reservations, seating guests and serving food and beverage within the service standards established by management leading to guest satisfaction exceeding customer expectations.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Attend, receives and seat guests in the restaurant.
2. Assist food and beverage associates in providing service to guests according to prescribed service standards and procedures.
3. Cleans and maintains equipment, tools, fixtures, and service area.
4. Knowledgeable on the different types of meals and proper service.
5. Performs the duties and responsibilities of the Assistant Restaurant Manager when the need arises.
6. Performs other tasks assigned by the Restaurant Manager, which leads to guest satisfaction.
7. Reports any unusual incident, guest complaints, lost and found, breakage and losses, equipment and fixture break down to the Restaurant Manager.
8. Attends pre-meal briefing and de-briefing daily and the monthly F & B Staff Meetings.
9. Attends all meetings and training sessions organized by restaurant management for the staff.
10. Responsible for cost saving on guest supplies, food supplies, electricity, water, etc.
11. Takes note of anniversaries, birthdays and special dates for regular guests.
12. Prepares order/requisition for amenities for guests celebrating a special occasion in the outlet.
1. Reports to work in prescribed uniform and well-groomed.
2. Reports to the Restaurant Manager/ Assistant Restaurant Manager at the start of shift to receive necessary instructions for the shift, and side duties assigned
3. Greets and escorts guests into the restaurant.
4. Capable of answering and providing accurate information to the guest concerning the restaurant, its products and services.
5. Presents menu to the guest according to standard operation procedures.
6. Knowledgeable of all food and beverage items in the menu, special menu items or items on promotion, the ingredients, method of preparation, portion and presentation.
7. Takes orders of the guest if required accurately and re-confirms guest’s orders each time.
8. Practices suggestive selling to boost restaurant sales.
9. Performs sequence of service in the outlet.
10. Confirms satisfaction with the guest, and informs supervisor or manager immediately in case of guest complaints.
11. Capable of operating all equipment in the outlet.
12. Capable of handling guest complaints professionally and ensuring satisfactory resolution.
13. Capable of operating the POS (point of sale) system with speed and proficiency