Education: Recognized Diploma in Nursing, Paramedic certificate, Emergency Medical Technician certificate or
other health care practitioner certificate (including Bachelor in medicine)
Valid provider resuscitation certificate (recognised by HITC), OR active instructor or nominated as
instructor potential in one or more life support courses such as ALS, APLS, ILS etc. AND
Successful completion of HITC’s Resuscitation Officer Certification Program either before or within 3
months of joining the post.
1. Training of staff in all levels of resuscitation training and, in particular training on identification
of the sick patient to prevent cardiac arrest and on general resuscitation issues in line with
strategy and service priorities.
2. Contribute to the on-going development of organisation’s resuscitation policy including
standardization of approach, training, and documentation and auditing.
3. Attend cardiac arrests (where possible), medical emergencies, and provide expert advice to the
team when required, demonstrating advanced clinical competencies and knowledge or act in a
monitoring role to the resuscitation team.
4. Identification and notification of any risk management issues that may arise relating to
resuscitation procedures or equipment.
5. Keep accurate records to facilitate preparation of operational plans and reports, for example,
annual cardiac arrests, validation of arrest calls and attendance at resuscitation training.
6. Maintain accurate and up-to-date training records for organisation’s employees who have
received resuscitation training.
7. Required to create good working relationships with colleagues to promote team work,
innovation, motivation and high standards of resuscitation practice, high quality care and
8. Works closely with course directors, instructors and coordinators to ensure high quality and
efficient delivery of resuscitation courses
9. Must maintain own professional development by regular teaching on relevant courses as well as
by the regular review of new and updated information relevant to the practice of resuscitation
10. Participate in auditing compliance with the daily checking process of resuscitation equipment
throughout the organisation
11. Adhere to all organisation’s policies and procedures.
12. Assist and educate on courses affiliated with resuscitation.
13. Assist the clinical lead in the compilation of annual reports concerning the resuscitation service
14. Perform other duties as assign.
Certificate or evidence (by HITC or HITC affiliated relevant international organisations) as a
provider, active instructor or nomination as a potential instructor in one or more life
support courses. AND
Certificate of completion of resuscitation officer certification program (either before or
within 3 month after joining the post)
Nurses, paramedics and other healthcare providers require a minimum of 4 years work
Physicians and Dentists require at least 2 years post-primary qualification experience.
English essential; Arabic desirable.
Must be computer literate. Ability to use Microsoft Excel and Word Essential.