The Ruby on Rails Software Architects are critical to designing, building, and leading the next generation of product architecture.
A strong Ruby on Rails Architect will identify and streamline current architecture bottlenecks and bugs, devise solutions to the hardest problems and develop efficient code to ensure the product is setup for success.
Ruby on Rails Software Architects will be given responsibility for the end-to-end process of a key technology platform. They will facilitate the platform as it supplies source, build, and test services. The expectation will be to utilize their extensive experience to continually improve and redefine the developed software. They must consistently ensure top quality and productivity by implementing automation wherever possible.
The best will have a willingness to embrace the concept of iterative development as the means for building excellent products.
The candidate must be ready to give all the effort necessary to do an excellent job - even if it means putting in extra time to research the problem you’re facing. The architect must be a perfectionist - knowing how it should be done and not stop until it’s done right.
Crossover is a well-funded startup that has developed a unique way to find, curate and manage the top 1% of global talent – and connect them to medium and large businesses. We are experiencing rapid growth within the companies we currently serve and are increasing our staff to expand our business.
Brick and mortar offices are history. The future of our global workforce will consist of teams collaborating from every corner of the world. Our platform connects customers to the world’s best talent for both technical and non-technical contracting. But we don’t just find the best; we also provide the software tools, training, and expert management to ensure success for long-term growth.
Required Skills and Experience
- Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable Ruby code
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of the applications
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to these problems
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automatization.
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Electrical Engineering
- A ruthless commitment to quality: must write unit testing on both back end and front end
- Extensive problem solving skills
- An ability to communicate clearly regarding complex issues (in English)
- 3+ years experience with Ruby on Rails development
- Good understanding of the syntax of Ruby and its nuances
- Solid understanding of object-oriented programming
- Understanding of functional programming style in Ruby
- Skills for writing reusable Ruby libraries that may be used in expressive ways
- Able to work in a dev-automation environment with some source control, continuous integration/delivery systems
- Proficiency in the following skills and technologies is mandatory:
- Ruby on Rails
- Familiarity with concepts of MVC, Mocking, ORM, and RESTful
- MySQL Database
- HTML and CSS
- Optionally worked with Python
Compensation is $30/hr for 40 productive hours per week
Location: Global (remote)
We’re one of the few legitimate companies offering high-paying jobs that are 100% remote, work from home. You never have to fight traffic to the office again and you have the freedom to choose when and where you put in your 40 hours to be most effective each week.
To qualify, please provide a resume/CV demonstrating the required experience and skills. From there, to help us find the top 1% of talent, there will be a series of interviews and online skills examinations. We realize these are challenging and can require a decent amount of time - so we thank you in advance for your efforts.
Are you up for the challenge?