Purpose: Under the general guidance and supervision of the Director of Sales & Marketing or delegate within the limit of established GHM policies and procedures, oversees and implements all sales activities in her/his specific area of responsibility.
Relationships: 1. Reports to the Director of Sales & Marketing or delegate.
2. Interacts with the hotel management.
3. Maintains a high profile within assigned trade segments as well as maintains a high profile within the community with those likely to produce business for The Chedi, Muscat.
1. Communicate in a friendly, tactful and professional manner with guests, suppliers as well as colleagues.
2. Know the services and facilities provided by the hotel and the various opening hours of all facilities.
3. Be informed and keep your supervisor informed of all matters that may affect your work, the hotel’s service or reputation.
4. Always present a clean and tidy appearance in accordance with the hotel’s grooming standards.
5. Be flexible and open to change in your job responsibilities, work area and/or roster to meet business needs.
6. Be understanding, supportive, encouraging and helpful to guests as well as suppliers and your colleagues.
7. Care about your environment and make sure it is tidy and well maintained.
8. Be reliable and ensure you are at work on time.
9. Understand the Employee Handbook and comply with the standards it outlines.
10. Carry out all professionally reasonable instruction given by your supervisor.
11. Attend all training programs, briefings and meetings as scheduled.
12. Report all incidents, accidents and guest complaints in briefings
13. Perform special assignments which maybe assigned by the management from time to time.
Duties & Responsibilities
1. To increase business/occupancy and promote the identity of the hotel through establishing and maintaining good relationships with a number of corporate clients and media contacts to ensure sales targets and public exposure is met as forecasted.
2. To solicit and develop new business from identified market segments and sources of business with a minimum of 5 sales visits per day.
3. To maintain an accurate accounts database in Opera and sales report systems.
4. To enroll as many qualified TLC members as possible form the local business community and the production of accounts on a regular basis.
5. To compile the PR report, update on a monthly basis and review together with the Director of Marketing.
6. To liaise closely with F&B Team to ensure that guest needs and expectations are met.
7. To make recommendations to Management based on feedback of clients for the continual improvement of the hotel operations.
8. Assists in monitoring the activities of the competitor hotels.
9. Attends regular meetings and briefing as may be called by the Director of Marketing.
10. To handle incoming enquiries and ensure that these are followed up with proposals on the same day or within 24 hours.
11. To regularly entertain clients-minimum 3 times a week.
12. To respond to any changes in the department functions dictated by the industry, company or hotel.
13. To work closely with Front Office and reservations to ensure guest needs are met.
14. As and when required to take on Duty Management role.
15. To assist with a professional and enthusiastic approach in conducting site inspections.
Please note that apart from your departmental job description, you are within the Employment Policy and Procedure of The Chedi Muscat hotel policy. Additional duties may be assigned by an immediate superior or hotel management.
Job Description :
To ensure customer service and support all operations. To create customer delight at every interaction.
Interacting with external customers and internal customers and addressing their queries, requests and complaints.
Committed TATs are met consistently
Complaints Management- addressing customer complaints at the branch, system updation, coordination with Sales/HUB/ other functions for resolution.
Refunds processing and dispatch
Undelivered policy documents tracking and management.
Maintenance of all files and registers.
New Business Processing:-
Handling end to end New business processing starting from creation of Client id,Case start up, New business login, Follow up for policy issuance, Quality Check
Follow up with HUB for policy issuance of pending cases