What we are looking for?
SSH are looking for a talented Senior Architect to join our offices located in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, where we provide front-end design leadership for the wider group.
Our portfolio of live projects includes cultural, healthcare, hospitality and retail projects across the Middle East and North Africa.
We are looking for individuals with exceptional design skills and a passion for working towards excellence in design delivery. You will work as part of the wider engineering teams based in Kuwait, Dubai and Cape Town.
SSH is a master planning, infrastructure, building design, construction supervision and project management company. We are proud to present a reputation for design integrity and a portfolio of landmark projects throughout the Middle East region.
What will my responsibilities look like in this role?
The individual will be an important member of our Architectural design team. This team member plans, schedules, organizes, coordinates and executes the design work on small to medium scale projects (or distinct portions of larger projects), with periodic interaction with Discipline Leads.
• Coordinate and lead the assigned team of Architects and Technicians on a daily basis and ensure that design excellence is achieved throughout.
• Develop a thorough design philosophy, effectively contributing to the inception and the development of a project.
• Develop a thorough project delivery strategy.
• Produce detailed scope of services for specialist sub-consultant.
• Lead the design work ensuring project objectives are met, design instructions are implemented and delivery is achieved within the set time and budget.
• Responsible for the correctness, accuracy and complete multi-disciplinary coordination of the design documentation prepared by the assigned team.
• Coordinate and develop responses to review comments, tender queries, contractor's queries, etc.
• Responsible, with guidance from Senior team members, for the preparation and compilation of design presentations and design reports.
• Actively pursue or has achieved professional accreditation
What do I need to apply?
• Developed Architectural Design skills an indepth understanding of the design process and interfaces between design disciplines.
•7+ yrs of experience working in engineering consultancy as a Senior Architect
•It is essential that the correct individual must be able to demonstrate extensive experience of, delivering building projects in the Middle East from concept through to detailed design as part of a multidisciplinary design team.
• Understanding of scope definition and scope interface.
• Proficiency in AutoCAD and REVIT, word processing and presentation programs.
• Full knowledge of Statutory Authorities requirements
knowledge of codes, regulations and submission requirements.
• Developed knowledge of Health and Safety in Design
• Developed knowledge of Fire & Life Safety Principles.
• Developed knowledge of Sustainable Design principles.
• Ability and willingness to mentor and provide support to junior subordinate staff members and spread knowledge across the wider architectural community.
• Excellent command of English (written and spoken).
Proficiency in verbal and written Arabic is an advantage but not essential
• B.Sc or MSc in Architectural Engineering
• Registered membership of an internationally recognised engineering body is an advantage
• International Accreditation (RIBA, AIA or equivalent).
SSH specialises in the delivery of world class construction projects in the MENA region. We are a rapidly expanding multidisciplinary firm with over 50 years' expertise in architecture, engineering, infrastructure and construction supervision.
SSH are respected project leaders, trusted international partners and reputable employers. We aim to be the consultant, strategic partner and employer of choice for the MENA region. Our continued participation in the region's premier construction projects reflects our world class expertise in specialist markets and our unrivalled local knowledge.