What we are looking for?
SSH are looking for talented Civil Engineer’s to join our team in Kuwait. The Civil Engineer must demonstrate a minimum of 15 yrs. experience working on projects in the Middle East.
Our portfolio of live projects includes cultural, healthcare, hospitality and retail projects across the Middle East and North Africa.
SSH is one of the leading master planning, infrastructure, building design, construction supervision and project management firms in the Middle East, with a reputation for design integrity and a portfolio of landmark projects throughout the region.What will my responsibilities look like in this role?
• Check / review Contractor's shop drawings for all structural works, including coordination with all the electrical, mechanical, specialist disciplines and architectural requirements of the project and with all the regulatory requirements.
• Implement the contract documents requirements, such as design drawings, specifications, Bill of Quantities, contract conditions, etc. on site.
• Review / check and recommend the correct completed progress percentages of all civil and structural activities to the client / CM for Contractor's Monthly Payment Applications.
• Check, review and approve all the civil and structural materials submittals, proposals, calculations and samples. Refer any complicated design issues to SSH design office for assistance in review.
• Inform Resident Engineer and Head of Structures immediately if any serious incident occurs which could affect the safety, stability, serviceability or durability of the structure, adjacent structures, (or temporary structures), whether in the short or long term. If appropriate, instruct emergency procedures to avoid accidental damage.
• Inspect the civil and structural materials delivered to the project site for compliance with approved materials data / samples. Ensure that testing of the materials is carried out in accordance with the project specifications and relevant codes/standards. Reject and ensure removal and replacement of non compliant materials.
• Check quality of civil and structural works to ensure compliance with the contract specification requirements, method statements and approvals.
• Issue JSIs, SWIs and NCRs as the case may be applicable.
• Review and approve the As Built drawings.
• Review and comment on contractors method statements, quality plans and safety plans.
• Carry out regular periodic inspections at the site to ensure that safety standards are being maintained (e.g. scaffolding, formwork, ladders, shoring, dewatering, etc.)
• Ensure that subordinates on the site are fulfilling their duties correctly with respect to the day to day supervision of the civil and structural works.
• Respond to contractor's RFI's related to civil/structural works. Coordinate with SSH design office if additional design information is required.
• Assist in preparation of snagging lists.
• Assist in preparation and issue of Taking Over and Final Completion Certificates for the building works.
What do I need to apply?
• 15 - 20 years' experience working in a similar role.
• Professional Registration in the country of origin is preferred (Kuwait Society Of Engineer Membership).
• Experienced on Site in a similar role
• Ability to deliver under pressure
Degree in Civil Engineering or Structural Engineering