Job Description :Purpose of the Job
Responsible for planning and performing routine internal audit assignments with a focus on operations, the supporting technical and engineering activities, process safety management and HSEMS in accordance with the annual plan. This includes planning and audit, making risk assessments, carrying out field work, identifying findings and recommendations and preparing draft reports on audit issues and findings discussed with auditors. Works under broad supervision from Department and Division Managers.
Assist Department and Division Managers in the effective discharge of their duties and responsibilities and undertaking different types of assignments under their direction, including carrying out larger and more complex assignments. Participates in integrated audit teams as set up by Division Manager, as a team leader or member to carry out integrated risk based audits.
Assigned audit areas may include companys strategy setting, strategy plans and objectives, specific organizational audits, cross divisional financial, management, IT enable or technical business processes, including process safety management and HSEMS audits, quality audits, technical audits at refineries, major projects, contractors, all company facilities and assets. Audits assigned areas in accordance with the International Audit Charter and IIA International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing.
Audit planning includes preparing an audit work program, process understanding documents and risk analysis (all types of intrinsic and residual risk) of each area assigned for audit. Discusses RA with Managers and key staff. Assesses alignment of objectives with corporate objectives, mission, vision and values; effectiveness of and compliance with policies, procedures and standards; compares with industry benchmarks and best practices and recommends improvements or enhancements.
Participates in identification of high risk areas for preparing annual and 5 years risk based audit plans, follow-up of audit items with divisions, budgeting, monitoring of Internal Audit Service provider, and participates in peer view and quality control or in conducting special assignments.
The objective of internal auditing is to evaluate and improve the effectiveness and efficiency of risk management, control and governance processes to safeguard assets.
Minimum Criteria :Minimum Job Requirements;
- Bachelors Degree in Chemical, Mechanical or Process Engineering from a reputable university
- MBA or professional qualifications such as CA, ACCA, CPA and CIA certification are desirable.
- Technical, HSE and PS auditing certification are desirable
- 7 years technical Experience in Refining, Oil &gas or related industries out of which at least 5 years experience in Technical Audits.
- Very high proficiency in spoken and written English. Report writing and presentations are essential.
- Knowledge in Arabic is desirable
- Familiarity with industry, regulatory and internal audit standards changes.
- Ability to exercise independence and objectivity, ethics and fraud awareness, mature judgment, conflict management/resolution, and problem identification and solution.
- Understanding the business. Familiarity with process safety, HSE and engineering codes and standards, accounting frameworks, IT/ICT tools and techniques, oil refining industry technical knowledge, and experience in use of IA Portal.
Other Information :
Functional Area: Finance & Audit
Career Status: Mid-Management
Contract Type: Direct Hire