· Puts into place quality assurance procedures to ensure that procedures for review and inspection of installations are maintained throughout the project period.
· Reviews materials and equipment to ensure that they are in accordance with the specifications. Coordinate with the Head of Department/Design Staff and obtain their comments prior to actioning.
· Reviews shop drawings to ensure that they are in accordance with the design and that they are coordinated. Where applicable, receive feedback from the Site Engineer/Inspector or design office and incorporate their comments.
· Reviews method statements to ensure that the Contractor proposal is feasible and will achieve the intended purpose.
· Inspects deliveries/installed/constructed work to ensure that it is in accordance with the shop drawings and the specifications.
· Monitors Contractor's submittals to local authorities and ensure that they are carried out in a timely manner in accordance with the contract document.
· Meets with Local Authorities along with Contractor where required and attend site visits by Local Authorities in order to clarify ambiguities and queries to facilitate a smooth approval process.
· Responds to Contractor's request for information to clarify ambiguities.
· Review and approve Contractor's payment in line with estimated work completion so that he can be paid for the actual work done.
· Reviews and approve Contractor's change order request and variation so that legitimacy and extent can be confirmed. Prepare and issue job site instructions for new works and modifications to the tender contract.
· Attends regular meetings with the Construction team, and the Client to report on progress and help resolve issues where they arise.
· Ensures that issues related to local codes, such as health and safety executives and environmental impact issues are complied with.
· Witnesses testing and commissioning and performance of various plant and systems. Issue 'Handing Over' certificate for completed works.
· Where required, provides a snag list for outstanding minor work by the contractor.
· Reviews 'As Built' drawings and 'Operation and Maintenance Manuals'.
· Where required, hold meetings with Operation and Maintenance staff for feedback and outstanding issues not yet completed by the Contractor. Only applicable if construction period overlaps with building operation.
· Minimum 15 years of experience in FF/PL/HVAC site supervision projects.
· Minimum 7 Years working as a Sr. Mechanical Engineer
· Experience having worked with reputable Consultant Engineering Firms needed
· Experience of having worked on Mall projects
· KSE Membership required
Bachelors in Mechanical Engineering
KSE Membership is and essential requirement
Walkin for you