Functional Title: Trade Finance, Product Manager
To manage and improve existing suite of Trade products and achieve my clients strategy of developing and launching new products such as supply chain finance, Buyer revenue share SF & dynamic discounting
This position holder will participate in drawing up annual business development plans in trade, implement these plans and ensure revenue targets are met with support from the Head of Trade Finance.
Full product management responsibilities for managing and improving traditional trade business of my client. Ensuring full support to RM and sales team for portfolio growth.
Key member in developing and implementation of supply chain finance products (payables financing, dynamic discounting & PO financing etc.) – This role will be key and act as project manager during the implementation of SF working very closely with the Vendor.
Able to create different scenarios, working models and various business case for Supplier finance prospective clients. Excellent understating of balance sheet and income statement is essential for the role.
Create dilution models for Receivable finance deals and analyze suretyship risk for all deals.
Once implementation of platform is completed, all platform related implementation and technical
Structuring and completing trade finance transactions across a spectrum of sectors in different areas, developing and negotiating term sheets to execution;
Participate in the preparation of annual business development plans, covering all aspects of international trade finance;
Translate business development plans into real business for the Bank from all segments of trade finance market e.g (Traditional Trade products, Open Account, Value added products etc.)
Design schemes and road-shows for establishing market presence with emphasis on broadening the client base of .
• Manage given portfolios, from the process of origination, credit approval and contracting to ensure that the process is finalized within optimal time;
• Supporting the credit department with information to facilitate the credit process and the legal department in the facilitation of transaction documentation;
• In line with the above, liaise with the Banking Operations department to ensure that once approval is got, disbursement is done within the required timelines and that the portfolio is managed according to the terms of the agreement and to the client’s satisfaction, until expiry of the same;
• Any other duties as may be assigned by senior management.
Key Performance Indicators
• Deliver revenues - Traditional trade, open account, and other value added products as per agreed plan
• Product volumes as per the plan number
• Commercialization of new product propositions (Supplier Finance, Dynamic discounting etc)
• Develop Trade from Product Management and Sales perspective, and in line with our client’s Transaction Banking development plans.
• Position our client as a leading Trade Bank in KSA and UAE among our clients clients
• Deliver Trade, Receivables and Supplier Finance revenues and 5 year strategic road map for Trade business from product perspective.
Qualifications, Experience & Skills
• Qualifications University degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, or related discipline.
• MBA is considered a plus
• Professional Certifications
• 10+ years of banking experience with minimum 7 years of relevant product management experience Traditional Trade and open account (SF & RF)
• Strong in project management with a proven track record of managing and delivering projects.
• Experience in complex deal solving, working with sales and comfortable meeting with clients.
• Experience in product development and business development with a good understanding of operations, technology, client delivery, risk, market management, sales and business management.
• Ability to deeply understand most important unmet needs to prioritize future product roadmap for bank clients.
• Have ability to transform business requirements into innovative solutions for clients
• Energetic self-starter; able to take initiative and run with it - confident, articulate and driven personality who can work across different functions, country teams and cultures.
• Strong relationship management skills and ability to build personal credibility to influence key stakeholders across the organization.
• Innovative mindset to be open to new ideas, new ways of doing things.
• Analytical, problem solving and solutioning skills to drive disciplined execution.
• Strong influencing and communication skills, given the range of cross-functional engagement required for success.