As a senior Subject Matter Expert (SME) with deep functional expertise, the position focuses on improving the way the purchases and inventories are managed in terms of value which accrues to the Organization and minimizes the commercial risks during the contract management process and procurement phase.
1) Perform the procurement material process in accordance per N-KOMs business activities in accordance with Company’s policies, procedures and ethical standards to ensure the following:
a) RFQ process is fair, open and ethical with all Vendors.
b) Review purchase requests for accuracy of information including complete description of items, delivery lead time and proper required on site dates (ROS).
c) Ensuring materials meet the required standards and specifications and is fit for purpose for which it is intended for,
d) Material is purchased from the most competitive source based on the criteria of Quality (fit for purpose), Delivery (lead time) and Lowest Cost option. It is within budget to optimize the operation unit’s profitability.
e) Material and supporting documentation is delivered in accordance with the requirements of the Purchase Order and meets project schedule.
f) Purchase Orders contains complete information and is accurate.
2) Communication with internal interfaces include Engineering, Project Management Teams, Operations Group, QSA, Finance and Commercial.
3) Communication with External interface includes; Vendors, Sub vendor and client as required.
4) Ensure timely issue of RFQ’s to correct vendors.
5) Ensure timely receipt of vendor offers from all of them before or by the due date.
6) Ensure technical offers are distributed to reviewers in a timely manner.
7) Ensure Engineering Technical queries are issued to vendors & replies received in a timely manner and passed on to reviewers’.
8) Ensure Commercial information is kept confidential and not released to persons outside of Procurement group and only to Project or Cost Control Managers.
9) Produce accurate Commercial Bid Evaluation (CBE).
10) Create Purchase Order with all supporting documentation as per requirements.
11) Liaise with vendors on a planned basis for the purpose of keeping abreast of their capabilities, new products and interfacing with their management personnel.
12) Develop and maintain a commercially sound vendor base, continual survey of the market for new supply sources including non-traditional suppliers and assist in maintaining N-KOM’s "Approved Vendor List". Evaluates and monitors vendor performance on a continual basis.
13) Coordinate with vendor clarification process.
14) Place PO’s with selected vendors. Reviews and approves orders that are within approval limit. Provide ongoing Purchase Order administration including PO revisions, resolution of discrepancies etc., as required during the life of the order.
15) Maintain Purchase Order file for audit purpose in accordance with document controller
16) Assist the expediting process.
a) Resolve commercial clarifications with vendors.
b) Advise Sourcing Group on any potential vendors interested in supply agreements.
c) Regularly exchange information on new products and sources, market trends and lessons learnt with other N-KOM Workgroups.
17) Purchase Order Close Out.
18) Perform regular performance review with suppliers to drive continuous improvement.
Key Result Areas
• Purchasing activities associated with Corporate and Business functions are conducted in a fair and transparent manner for all parties involved and in full compliance with the policies and procedures of the organization.
• Improving the way the purchases and inventories are managed in terms of value which accrues to the Organization
• Minimizes the commercial risks during the contract management process and procurement phase.
• Degree in Marine, Mechanical, Electrical & Electronics, Instrumentation Engineering. Alternatively, a Degree in Business or Supply Chain and coupled with commensurate experience.
• Minimum 5 years of relevant experience in the industry
• Shipyard, oil and gas, or process industry experience.