What we are looking for?
SSH are looking for a talented Senior Resident Engineer to join our team in Bahrain. The engineer must demonstrate a minimum of 15 yrs. experience working on project’s in the Middle East.
Our portfolio of live projects includes Infrastructure, cultural, healthcare, hospitality and retail projects across the Middle East and North Africa.
SSH is one of the leading master planning, infrastructure, building design, construction supervision and project management firms in the Middle East, with a reputation for design integrity and a portfolio of landmark projects throughout the region.
What will my responsibilities look like in this role?
Working on high profile projects and reporting to the Site Operations Director (SOD), your role will be to carry out various activities towards administering the construction contract as Engineer’s Representative under FIDIC (both FIDIC 4th Ed 1987 and the Red Book 1999 are in use) as per the related SSH policies and procedures and industry best practice. This is a rare opportunity to develop your career with an organisation that has a strong management team, an aggressive growth plan, and is delivering some of the most exciting projects in the Middle East and North Africa region.
• Delivery of SSH Scope of Services as defined in our Consultancy Agreement and following best practice principles through initiation, planning, execution, monitoring & controlling and close-out in full compliance with the Construction Contract and SSH Policies and Procedures.
• Managing, monitoring and reporting on the delivery of SSH's Scope of Services under our Consultancy Agreement for your assigned project(s) assuming responsibilities and authorities as delegated by the Resident Director or Site Operations Director, as may be applicable.
• Project reporting to the SOD on a regular basis not limited to SSH delivery performance, SSH risk management, SSH change management, SSH resource management including SSH staff performance (PDR's) ensuring all SSH KPI's are met as set out in the IMS Policies, Procedures, Manuals and Guidelines.
• Managing, monitoring and reporting on the financial management of your assigned project(s), ensuring timely invoicing, cash collections and delivery of GMR and NLM as per baseline Cost Plan.
• Interface and communication with SSH Building Design Division and SSH Support Services towards ensuring that SSH PCMS delivery is not negatively impacted.
• Pre-Contract to Post-Contract handover, Supervision Management Plan and Close-Out Report which are to be concluded within KPI and as defined under SSH Policies and Procedures.
• Projects monthly reviews and corrective actions not limited to SSH qualitative & financial performance, risk management, change management and the reporting thereof working closely with the SOD/PD.
• Contribute to Project and Construction Management Services sales and bidding activities.
• Consult with the SOD/PD on matters of new service offerings to market.
• Consult with the SOD/PD for the definition of key and other target clients, portfolio of work and competitive analysis for the territory.
• Act as the Project contract liaison with all relevant project stakeholders and Clients maintaining strong relationships through regular and effective lines of communication.
• Responsibility for the allocation of resources required to deliver SSH Scope of Services in collaboration with the SOD/PD
• Responsibility for the functional report and continued development of all line reports.
• Provide facility management for the project providing the working environment and pastoral care for all staff located on site interfacing with HR.
• Consult with the SOD/PD for the derivation of key personnel retention.
Specific requirements for our current role
• Our current requirement is for an experienced High Rise Buildings Senior Resident Engineer, ideally with hospitality/high quality hotels experience.
• Ideally your experience will include the management of a dedicated team of architects, Services and Structural engineers and inspectors.
• We are charged with the supervision of a 22 storey 3 star hotel on a tight inner city site adjacent to an operational mall.
• The ability to coordinate and manage issues arising between multiple contractors and hotel fit out contractors would be seen as a significant advantage.
• Previous experience of the workings of the Bahrain Municipalities and relevant Statutory Authorities would be seen as a significant advantage
• Whist cost management is supplied by another Consultant, as Engineer for the Works, you will be responsible for confirming valuations and signing the monthly certificate.
• You will chair weekly site meetings taking a proactive dynamic approach in moving the project forward against numerous difficulties as discussed above.
• The post is initially for a 24 months term including a 3 month probationary period. Continuation after probation being dependent on a satisfactory report from both our Client and the SSH Site Operations Director.
What do I need to apply?
• Minimum 15 years’ relevant experience in a multi-disciplinary practice with proven experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified above.
• Professional Registration.
• Experience with renowned International Consultancy firms.
Engineering Degree from a recognised university – preference for Civil/Structural/Architectural.