Role : Senior Solutions Architect
Location : Kuwait
Industry : Information Technology
Job type : Full time permanent
The Senior Solutions Architect (SSA) role within the professional services delivery team, is responsible for leading and delivering implementation projects that is empowered by software AG products. The SSA is responsible for fully understanding a prospect’s business problem and constructing a solution around that problem leveraging Software AG products. The SSA exhibits a high level of pre-sales and business maturity, operates independently in pre-sales activities and has the proven ability to quickly understand business problems and find the appropriate Software AG technology offerings and differentiators.
The Senior Solution Architect represents the highest degree of technical architecture and design expertise within the Software AG technologies, process and integration solutions space.
• Consultation and delivery projects: The SSA lead and works with delivery team to deliver high quality solutions with best capabilities of Software AG products adopted by the customer.
• Prospect Qualification: The SSA aids in qualifying prospects to assure they are well-aligned with Software AG’s go-to market product and solution capabilities.
• Presales Lifecycle Management: The SSA provides high quality, business-oriented and technical support to the sales and pre-sales team to assure the product-oriented aspects of the sales campaign are strongly aligned with the business objectives of the prospect throughout the sales cycle.
Essential Job Functions
Prospect and Customer Facing
• Own and progress opportunities through the technical qualification, definition, proof/evaluation, technical proposal and closure stages of the sales cycle with attention to timelines.
• Respond to the functional and business requirements and capabilities sections of RFI/RFPs
• Engage with the sales representative and prospect to ensure a prospect’s business needs can be addressed with Software AG’s go-to market capabilities.
• Listen, understand, and analyze the prospect’s business requirements and compose, validate, and present the best possible Software AG solution
• Define POC/POV or custom demonstration scenarios and map functions of Software AG products to prospects’ needs
• Lead teams of Systems Engineers on implementation of POC/POV’s and custom demos. If no Systems Engineers exist within the current structure, then the SSA will take care of this. Ensure the demonstration fulfills the prospect’s requirements and highlight and differentiate Software AG’s capabilities.
• Define the prospect’s target architecture that fulfills their business objectives. Work with the RSM to structure the proposal that meets the prospect’s target architecture.
• Prospect and Customer Technical Liaison
• Establish trust relationships with customers and prospects and understand their objectives. Solicit and provide product feedback from customers and prospects.
• Participate on meetings and conferences with customers and partners to serve as a liaison between Software AG internal organizations such as Technical Support and Product Research and Development.
• Advise internal senior management on the technical and business strategy within active deals.
• Maintain alignment with Marketing and Product Management of exiting and Future webMethods Suite capabilities and ETS Application Modernization Products and help drive product innovation.
• Keep up to date with any new Software AG solutions across the business lines. Understand functionality and interoperability of Software AG components.
• Collect and communicate competitive intelligence from the field
• Be a Go-To Person on competitive information for Products and Verticals
• Exchange best practices and share knowledge within technical team
• Guide Solution Architects in Technical and Business situations to become more effective in handling objections and customer challenges
• Experience engaging with senior leaders (CxO level) on various solutions and business problems. Able to listen and analyze a prospect’s requirements and present to a compelling business value message of a solution
• Demonstrated ability to present technology solutions to executive levels with a focus on solutions selling
• Provide presales support to the largest, most well-qualified deals
• Ability to craft, review and augment Proof Of Concept documents, SOWs, and various project plans involving Software AG technologies.
• Ability to define architecture, design and oversight of key national projects, providing guidance and knowledge transfer to field resources.
• Able to work independently and multi-task while managing multiple customers at a time
• Ability to guide and consult customers on various levels of the organization.
Business and Leadership Skills
• Demonstrate a team attitude and leadership
• Ability to act as a mentor due to outstanding character, judgment and knowledge
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Proven ability to manage time and deliver on deadlines
• Experience developing and presenting clear and concise product briefings
o Proven ability to unearth business requirements & Drivers
o Proven ability to map business drivers & initiatives to technology offering & differentiators
• Able to lead teams of Systems Engineers on Proof Of Concepts, Solution/Architecture Planning and custom demos.
• Ability to lead Discovery and Customer First Assessment Meetings to identify business value and ROI for complex business challenges
Technology and Consultative Skills
• Strong understanding of Software AG’s Products including internal Architecture, with an ability to leverage these in the sales cycle.
• Strong experiences with implementation of Software AG technologies in customer projects or Proof of Concepts.
• Provide planning, architecting and managing of solutions to highly complex problems and challenges
• Expert in providing best practices to customers and helping with IT Strategy and implementation planning – capacity, servers, deployment etc.
• Strong understanding and speaking knowledge about Software AG's ETS and webMethods products and capabilities
• Lead customer and internal Technical and Business meetings to guide attendees to a common goal.
Education and Experience
• BS Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering
• "Extensive" experience in practical architecture and design experience Integration technologies
• "Excellent" experience in Consulting management role including, business development, mentoring, technology solutions development, basic marketing and relationship management
• Understanding of business infrastructure technology, network architectures and distributed computing
• Competency in various languages (e.g. Java, C/C++, SQL, HTML; Natural, Adabas, EntireX)
• Experience with Internet software development and concepts
• Experience with Operating Systems (e.g. NT, Unix; Mainframe such as ZOS, BS2000) and Databases (SQL; Adabas)
• Experience with a wide range of applications (e.g. ERP, CRM)
• Experience with Business Infrastructure concepts and technologies (SOA, BPM, BAM, EAI)
• Very strong in depth knowledge of at least two Software AG core technologies; and knowledge of other Software AG products and solutions
• Experience with Business integration software engineering or with vendors of such software
• Experience with Integration consulting and Business Consulting
• Proven track record in implementing complex business solutions using SOA, BPM, BAM and EAI
• Proven track record in handling multiple customers/opportunities at the same time and driving the opportunities to a successful sales closure.