Job description / Role
• The Software Development Manager is responsible for leading and managing a software team for the development of detailed designs, database structures, coding and algorithm writing for software projects and products.
• The ideal candidate would come from a Systems Integrator (SI) or Independent Software Vendor (ISV) background, and have extensive experience in building and managing large software teams and projects while seamlessly managing and communicating with internal and external stakeholders at all levels.
Background and Experience:
• Degree in Computer Science / Engineering or relevant discipline.
• Cumulative experience of 10+ years, with at least 5 within similar role.
• Proven track record in successfully building and developing software team(s).
• Demonstrated success in managing, implementing and delivering medium to large software projects within time and cost budgets, and at or above the required quality levels.
• Excellent communication, presentation and negotiations skills in English and Arabic.
• Effective leadership and management skills.
• Familiarity with CMMI is a big plus.
Having good knowledge and experience in as much of the following technologies, platforms, domains and methodologies as possible:
• OO Programing, multi-threading, and best practices for enterprise systems and mobile applications
• User Experience (UX) design for different devices and applications
• NodeJS, HTML, JS, CSS, Angular, Typescript, Microsoft .Net, MVC
• Swift, Objective C, CocoaPods, Kotlin, Xamarin, Ionic Framework, React
• Cloud platforms (Azure, AWS, etc.)
• Web Services (REST, SOAP, etc.), APIs Design and Mobile Backend as a Service (MBaaS)
• MongoDB, Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle DB
• Microsoft SharePoint
• Software and Hardware systems integration
• Robotic Process Automation platforms such as UiPath, Automation Anywhere, Blue Prism, etc.
• Workflow Automation platforms such as Nintex, K2, etc.
• Low-Code platforms such as OutSystems, Kony, etc.
• CI, CD, Micro-service architecture and DevOps (Docker and Kubernetes)