Job description / Role
The Strategic Account Manager is responsible for identifying leads, engaging in business development with strategic business partners and closing deals.
The ideal candidate would come from a Systems Integrator background, and have extensive experience in managing large government customers as well as enterprise partners while seamlessly communicating and navigating such organizations at all levels.
The Strategic Account Manager will report to the Deputy Executive Director, and work very closely with the senior management on strategic accounts and special projects.
• Degree in Business Administration or Computer Engineering / Science. Technical Background and MBA are a plus.
• Cumulative experience of 10+ years, with at least 5 within similar role.
• Proven expertise in managing major strategic accounts in the public and private sector across the MENA region and closing large to mega-scale deals.
• Established know-how in different project models such as BOT, PPP, frame, and direct financing.
• Demonstrated proficiency in account mapping and lobbying within large government and private sector organizations across all levels.
• Effective management of channel partners as well as technology vendors.
• Practical experience in conducting and evaluating business feasibility studies, reviewing technical proposals and developing commercial ones.
• Excellent communication, presentation and negotiations skills in English and Arabic; French is a plus
• Having subject matter expertise in at least three of the following domains, with a good level of familiarity within the others:
- Electronic / Smart Government (e-Services, ESB/GSB, etc.)
- Enterprise Business Applications (ECM, BPM, Case Management, e-Correspondence, etc.)
- Electronic Payment (EBPP, Prepaid Systems, Fare Collection, WPS, Clearing House, etc.)
- Logical Security Systems
- Physical Security Systems (Access Control, Surveillance, ANPR, etc.)
- Homeland Security / Law Enforcement Systems
- Transportation Management (ITS, Tolling, Public Transportation, etc.)
- Insurance and Medical Claims Management