Structural BIM Technician
What we are looking for?
SSH are looking for a talented Structural BIM Technician to join our offices located in Kuwait, where we provide front-end design leadership for the wider group.
Our portfolio of live projects includes cultural, healthcare, hospitality and retail projects across the Middle East and North Africa.
We are looking for individuals with exceptional design skills and a passion for working towards excellence in design delivery. You will work as part of the wider engineering teams based in Kuwait, Dubai and Cape Town.
SSH is a master planning, infrastructure, building design, construction supervision and project management company. We are proud to present a reputation for design integrity and a portfolio of landmark projects throughout the Middle East region.
What will my responsibilities look like in this role?
The individual will be an important member of our Structural design team. This team member would collaborate with the design team to support and adhere in the required production of required drawings.
The team member would be expected to follow established drafting standards and principles to prepare layouts and drawings (for example of machinery, equipment, or structures) from engineering specifications.
What do I need to apply?
• 7+ yrs of experience working in engineering consultancy as a Structural BIM Technician.
• It is essential that the correct individual must be able to demonstrate extensive experience of, delivering building projects in the Middle East from concept through to detailed design as part of a multidisciplinary design team.
• Experienced in using Computer Aided Design (CAD) and associated peripheral equipment and software or manual drafting techniques to perform scaling dimensioning, or line locating.
• Combine details from sketches, drawings, and blueprints to make required calculations.
• Detail, redraw, letter, and trace drawings on components, assemblies, and engineering change orders.
• Interpret data, instructions, and specifications (for example previous drawings, layouts, sketches, notes, and verbal instructions) to prepare accurate drawings.
• Completion of professional droughting / technical drawings program, certificate or diploma.
• Autodesk accredited certificate course for Revit.
SSH specialises in the delivery of world class construction projects in the MENA region. We are a rapidly expanding multidisciplinary firm with over 50 years' expertise in architecture, engineering, infrastructure and construction supervision.
SSH are respected project leaders, trusted international partners and reputable employers. We aim to be the consultant, strategic partner and employer of choice for the MENA region. Our continued participation in the region's premier construction projects reflects our world class expertise in specialist markets and our unrivalled local knowledge.