The System Administrator is to help build out, maintain, and troubleshoot our infrastructure, both local and on the cloud. 01 Systems has a diverse and complex environment which requires a highly independent and enthusiastic person to lead on managing, monitoring and improving on the current environment.
• Manage and monitor all installed systems and infrastructure;
• Evaluate, install, configure, test and maintain hardware, operating systems, application software and system management tools;
• Proactively work to ensure a high level of system and infrastructure availability;
• Participate and provide infrastructure input on designing applications for Cloud computing.
• Monitor and test application performance for potential bottlenecks, identify possible solutions, and work with team members to implement fixes;
• Maintain overall security, backups, and redundancy strategies;
• Write and maintain custom scripts to increase system efficiency and lower the human intervention time on any tasks;
• Participate in the design of information and operational support systems
• Work with vendors and other IT personnel to resolve problems;
• Performs other duties appropriate to the assignment
• Experience in installing, configuring and troubleshooting in Windows Server and Cloud based environments (Amazon AWS and Azure);
• Experience in managing Microsoft .net Application Servers
• Experience in Managing Active Directory, Exchange, Office 365, and SharePoint environments (on premise and cloud).
• Experience in managing Database Servers (e.g. SQL Server, Oracle, IBM DB2)
• Experience in the administration and performance tuning of application stacks
• Cloud experience, Amazon AWS and Azure.
• Experience with virtualization (e.g., VMware, Virtual Box, Citrix VDI);
• Experience with monitoring systems;
• Experience scripting skills (e.g., shell scripts, Perl, PowerShell, Python);
• Solid networking knowledge (OSI network layers, TCP/IP)
• Establishing and maintaining interpersonal relationships
• Communicate effectively (in oral and written form) with a variety of individuals; author design documents with the assistance of a project leader; work well within small and large team environments; and analyze problems and resolve issues with both short-term workarounds and long-term solutions.
• Ability to develop and write technical documentation
• Ability to evaluate and test emerging technologies
• Ability to Perform advanced design, maintenance and repair of servers