1. Provide input to the Technical Manager for the development of maintenance strategy for all technical parts of all vessels and manage the implementation.
2. Manage and monitor Departmental KPl and provide reports to the Technical Manager
3. Provide accurate reports to Technical Manager on work done/ performance, issues / delays, status of assets and work forecasts.
4. Conduct regular visits to ensure effective and safe operation of all vessels, according to HSE requirements. Respond to QHSE reports and ensure addressed issues will be solved.
5. Maintain and update all the technical data, drawings and specifications about all vessels.
6. Responsible for timely ordering technical aspects and spare parts.
7. Analyze the weekly report provided by chief engineers. Assess equipment performance and suggest efficiency improvement techniques.
8. Provide dredge superintendent with technical advice on projects.
9. Execute and monitor the established policies and procedures for an effective and efficient functioning of the Technical Department.
10. Perform practical leadership to chief engineers/ SDM by working closely with technical staff to solve technical problems
11. Supervise DD day to day activities during dry docking process to ensure quality of the dry docking activities.
12. Recommend to Technical Manager on development needs of Technical Department staff.
13. Efficiently cooperate with dredge superintendents, Sr. Dredge masters and electrical superintendents.
14. Coordinate and plan optimal staffing for effective, efficient and safe functioning of the Technical Department.
15. Evaluate the workload of the Technical Department and recommend on staffing needs to the Technical Manager following human resource procedures and processes.
16. Coordinate and execute the yearly performance evaluation process for chief engineers and beaver supervisors and ensure that the yearly performance evaluation process for the subordinates is executed.
Walkin for you