2. Duties and Responsibilities:
System Administration (Mainly Linux OS):
• Establishes system specifications by conferring with users; analyzing workflow, access, information, and security requirements; designing system infrastructure.
• Establishes system by planning and executing the selection, installation, configuration, and testing of server hardware, software, LAN and WAN networks.
• Maintains system performance by performing system monitoring and analysis, and performance tuning; troubleshooting system hardware, software, networks.
• Designing and running system load/stress testing; escalating application problems to vendor.
• Secures system by developing system access, monitoring, control, and evaluation; establishing and testing disaster recovery policies and procedures; completing back-ups; maintaining documentation.
• Upgrades system by conferring with vendors and services; developing, testing, evaluating, and installing enhancements and new software.
• Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
• Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential.
• Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Virtualization Engineer (Currently Used Technology is VMware):
• Support the virtual environment including activities such as design, maintenance & troubleshooting.
• Responsible for making operational decisions within all virtual environment associated with system activity and performance to ensure stability of the environment.
• Ensure that the VMware system is optimized for the utilization of SAN and NFS storage and resource allocation.
• Oversee the daily performance of virtual servers.
• Confer with application engineers, and management to establish requirements for new systems or modifications.
• Troubleshoot and resolve enterprise virtualization problems.
• Draft, coordinate, and finalize documentation to ensure the integration of virtualization within the Enterprise.
• Keep up-to-date technically and apply new knowledge to the job.
• Analyze information and evaluate results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
• Translate or explain what information means and how it can be used.
3. Skill Requirements:
• Programming -- Writing computer programs for various purposes.
• Critical Thinking -- Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
• Complex Problem Solving -- Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
• Troubleshooting -- Determining causes of operating errors and deciding what to do about it.
• Learning Strategies -- Selecting and using training/instructional methods and procedures appropriate for the situation when learning or teaching new things.
• Operations Analysis -- Analyzing needs and product requirements to create a design.
• Technology Design -- Generating or adapting equipment and technology to serve user needs.
• Active Learning -- Understanding the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making.
• Reading Comprehension -- Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
• Active Listening -- Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, and asking questions as appropriate