Proudly voted the best place to work in 2021-2022, Foodics, one of the most promising SaaS companies in MENA, was founded in 2014 with headquarters in Riyadh and offices in the United Arab Emirates, Jordan, Kuwait, Egypt, Pakistan and Netherlands.
We provide a cloud based point-of-sale SaaS ecosystem with tools that help F&B and retail businesses start, track and grow. Our customers use Foodics to accept payments, track inventory, monitor sales, process orders, digitize menus, manage employees, create analytics and smart reports, provide secure cloud storage and enable the integration of third party apps.
Foodics originated in Saudi and is undergoing rapid expansion across MENA, Pakistan and Africa, servicing over 20,000 stores. We pride ourselves on recognising and retaining talent while promoting creativity and efficiency, so we are constantly looking for people to help shape and be a part of our bright future! Our Purpose:
To create a growth-accelerating platform that enables the restaurant ecosystem to achieve the most remarkable performanceOur Vision:
To be the most trusted one-stop-shop software & financial platform for restaurantsOur Mission:
to empower every person who contributes to the success of a restaurant business and provide finance to fuel its growth
About the Role
We are looking for an Accounting Lead to oversee our accounting department's daily operations in Kuwait. You will work closely with a team of accountants to manage financial functions, including accounts payable/receivable, bank reconciliations and tax audits. Our ideal candidate uses strong analytical skills to create detailed financial reports and forecasts. To succeed in this role, you should also have a problem-solving attitude and be able to manage a team. Ultimately, you should be able to ensure our financial management is accurate and effective.If you think you have what it takes to join a remarkable team and help build the next unicorn, hop on and apply now!
- Oversee daily transactions, including accounts payable/receivable, general ledger and bank reconciliations
- Participate in regular tax audits and payroll
- Prepare budgeting reports and forecast revenues
- Manage month-end and year-end closing
- Monitor the daily performance of the accounting department
- Organize financial data into useable information and maintain updated records
- Track the progress of financial and accounting objectives
- Establish accounting policies and procedures, aligned with company's targets
- Ensure compliance with the law
- Minimum of 5 years of experience, preferably in a tech startup or SaaS company
- Experience with accounting software (e.g. FreshBooks and Zoho)
- Strong computer skills, MS Excel in particular (managing spreadsheets, creating charts and using advanced formulas)
- Solid knowledge of bookkeeping and accounting principles, laws and regulations
- Excellent analytical skills to manage large amounts of data
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Team management skills
- Ability to prioritize work
- BS degree in Accounting or Finance
- Accounting certification (e.g. CMA or CPA) is a plus
- We offer a people-focused culture that fosters inclusion, diversity, innovation, and a flexible work setup: remotely, in-office, and hybrid models.
- A performance-based company that offers 30 vacation days, excellent career advancement opportunities, and lucrative compensation, including bonuses and ESOP potential
- Working in a hyper-growth environment, you will enjoy numerous learning and career development opportunities.
- Accelerated learning opportunities - attending training, conferences, and events as needed
- An excellent opportunity to grow and work with the most amazing people in the industry
- Being part of an environment that offers challenging goals, autonomy, and mentoring creates incredible opportunities for you and the company.
Disclaimer: here at Foodics, we don't just accept differences - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products, and our community. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need. Foodics is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer.