Job Description :
Amazon strives to consistently delight customers by efficiently delivering products all over the world. Our teams possess a wide range of skills and expertise, from business analysis and inventory management to engineering. With so many Fulfilment Centers (FC) and Delivery Stations worldwide, Amazon is growing at a pace that requires the very best talent to be brought in to our company to help us continue to make history.
We are seeking an Area Managers to join our fulfilment and operations network in the KSA. These are positive, self-motivated individuals with just the right combination of leadership skills and professional business sense. This is a permanent position from day one.
At a high level, you’ll keep several consistent, major deliverables in mind, including comprehensive process and workflow optimisation. We are always hungry to improve wherever they can, and in your role you’ll perform to the same standard.
As just one of your day-to-day duties, you will be managing one side of the FC operation: this will mean you overseeing performance, and carrying out any necessary examinations at weekly, monthly and annual intervals. This will help you ensure that your colleagues and peers all operate at optimum productivity levels.
Leading on from this, you will drive towards greater team efficiency. All throughout achieving this goal, you’ll balance your team’s efforts to improve, with their steadfast commitment to excellent customer service. Together as one unit, you’ll exceed productivity goals, and ensure that Amazon.sa continues to delight the customer, and exceed expectations wherever possible.
At the more granular level, you’ll manage and coordinate staffing plans, schedules, quality initiatives and process change initiatives, as you steadily work towards attaining the Amazon Business Plan. Moreover, each and every day, you; will develop, encourage and strengthen our strong culture of Health and Safety best practices, alongside participating in cross-functional Process and Business improvement projects elsewhere in the Amazon.sa Operations network.
Alongside positive leadership, the ideal Area Manager keeps the bigger picture goals in mind:
· You’ll need to safeguard your team’s safety while at work.
· You’ll uphold Amazon’s high standards of quality.
· You’ll demonstrate problem-solving and analytical capabilities.
· And, last but not least: you’ll strive to improve and streamline processes.
Basic Qualifications :
· You hold a Degree in Engineering, Operations or in a related Logistics field,
· Previous management experience.
· You possess excellent technical skills, that you can utilise as you solve a wide range of problems and obstacles,
· You’re a proven analytical thinker and project manager, with close attention-to-detail and the ability to positively influence others,
· You possess sound business acumen, with a track record of successfully delivering quantifiable results; you also have a solid understanding of and expertise in carrier operations,
· Accomplished professional history of delivering projects within
· Demonstrable ability in managing data and details, as you establish root cause, while extrapolating and manipulating data to deliver appropriate solutions,
· You’re willing and able to work to flexible schedules and shifts: you always commit the time required to get the job done,
· You’re a forward-thinking innovator who thrives on change, while remaining unfazed by occasional ambiguity,
· You’re an excellent communicator, in fluent written and spoken English, with the ability to communicate at all levels of seniority within a large organisation,
· Some practical, working knowledge of Lean techniques, such as Kaizen or Six Sigma.
· Demonstrable leadership skills.
Preferred Qualifications :
· Higher Education degree is a plus.
· Previous experience as a manager in a distribution center or logistics warehouse is a nice to have.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decision based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.
By submitting your resume and application information, you authorize Amazon to transmit and store your information in the Amazon group of companies world-wide recruitment database, and to circulate that information as necessary for the purpose of evaluating your qualifications for this or other job vacancies.