We are a Grade ‘A’ Contracting Co. operating in Qatar for over 3 decades. Our main specialization is in Civil Infrastructure projects involving mostly the construction, refurbishment & maintenance of underground water, sewerage & drainage networks and related civil infrastructure works
We are looking for a highly qualified ASIAN HSE/Safety Engineer
with very good field experience of not less than 7 years in the above fields. Candidate should have a sound knowledge of HSE Management Plans for construction projects.Essential Requirements:
1. B.Sc. Engineering from a 4 year university
2. Training: Professional OHS Qualification by examination of one or more of the following:
• NEBOSH IGC123
• IOSH Managing Safety
• OSHA 30 Hours
• Relevant training attendance such as Confined Space, Authorized Gas Tester, Excavation Safety etc.
3. Optional Management qualifications include:
• Certified as a BS OSHAS 18001 lead auditor
4. Strong personality and excellent communication skills
5. Min. 7 yrs experience in Construction of Infrastructure Works
6. Proven successful track record in above stated.
7. Excellent computer skills with perfect self correspondence
8. Perfect English spoken and written, Arabic is an advantage.
9. Qatar Driving License and NOC is a must
Core Duties and Responsibilities:
• Develop Health, Safety and Environment systems to meet the requirements of OHSAS 18001 and ISO 14001.
• Assist with the implementation of the HSE Strategy on the project
• Interface with area superintendents on a daily basis to understand what field activities are to be performed in order to provide site safety cover.
• Delegate responsibilities to Safety Officers to provide an effective safety monitoring and supervisor support program.
• Carry out risk assessments, job safety analysis and toolbox talks.
• Supervise the permit to work coordinator, Safety Officers (training) in the performance of their daily activities.
• Implement the site hazard identification programs (including Subcontractors).
• Lead the site safety toolbox talk program by identifying proactive and reactive site issues for communication to the workforce.
• Implement the site non-conformance, corrective action, and preventive action management processes
• Investigate unsafe acts and conditions and provide solutions to prevent recurrences.
• Lead the HSE team in an immediate response to incidents and emergency situations that occur on site.
• Ensure safety posters, hazard flashes, site safety campaign promotional material and the results of safety incentive schemes are prominently placed on site
• Provide a daily summary report of field HSE issues and activities including; HSE documentation; risk assessments, JSAs, toolbox talks produced, etc, for the Site HSE Manager.
• Ensure compliance with all statutory and client Safety regulations.
• Undertake inspections & audits
• Ensure environmental plan is complied with
• Act as an HSSE leadership coach, providing guidance to line leaders (Project Engineers and Construction Engineers in areas and regions of responsibility; Subcontractor Management and Supervision in line with their scopes of work) in order to improve their HSSE leadership behaviours.
• Work to develop a consistent HSSE culture throughout all Projects.
• Ensure consistently high quality HSSE practices at all Projects work sites.
• Build long-lasting and constructive internal relationships.