Position Title: Assistant Manager – Internal Audit (For UAE National )
Reports to (position): Chief Internal Auditor
Department / Function: Internal Audit
Prepare and execute audit plan across assigned business units to ensure compliance with policies and procedures. Identify business & control risks, provide independent objective assurance designed to improve operational efficiency, internal control and governance.
- Scope (countries / locations / entities) Dubai, UAE
- Assists in development of annual audit plan.
- Manages performance of audit assignments, reviews work papers and audit reports; edits reports prepared by other auditors.
- Schedules and plans audits; initiates project planning, assess risk and develops audit direction.
- Performs preliminary planning and establishes direction for audits, provides leadership to assigned auditors, manage project to quality outcomes, while meeting established time budget.
- Performs audit work, including plan preparation, work papers, finding, and associated reports along with discussions with respective process owners.
- Trains new staff, as needed.
- Keeps abreast of policies and procedures, emerging trends and successful practices in internal audit.
- Participates in development, implementation and maintenance of policies, objectives, short-and long-range planning; develops and implements projects and programs to assist in accomplishment of established goals.
- Develops and provides training as requested.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Data analyses to improve quality and the efficiency in internal audit by:
- Collecting and interpreting data
- Identifying patterns and trends in data sets
- Working alongside teams within the business or the management team to establish business needs
- Defining new data collection and analysis dashboards
1. Increasing complexity in business risk and process prepare meaningful audit reports within vibrant & multi-cultural environment.
2. Job requires continuous interactions with various business stakeholders effectively in highly stress situations.
COMMUNICATION & INTERFACE:
- Bachelor degree in accounting or business administration with 5-8 years’ experience in Internal Audit. An MBA is desirable
- Recognized professional accounting qualification e.g. CPA, CMA, CA, ACMA or CIA.
- Analytical thinking – an analytical mind-set and numerical skills are useful in manipulating large amounts of data and creating reports
- Judgment – the ability to think objectively, have strong ethical standards, as well as high levels of integrity to adhere to regulations and compliance are necessary
- Organization skills –need to be incredibly organized and be able to prioritize their workload, as well as be resilient and calm under pressure
Communication skills –work closely with senior team members/process owner and present valuable data to other teams, managers, and stakeholders.