1. Demonstrates knowledge and application of the HMC mission, vision and values.
2. Assists in planning radiation treatments for cancer patients and perform dose calculations.
3. Works under the supervision of Senior Physicist in all physics related tasks.
4. Works with the Radiation Safety team to design shields for treatment rooms, ensuring that
Radiotherapy units are operating safely.
5. Involves in the QA programs that are currently being implemented the various radiation therapy equipment.
6. Engages in the acceptance testing and commissioning of radiation therapy equipment.
7. The post entails the clinical implementation of new technology in the clinic.
8. Provides advice on radiation protection issues in radiation therapy.
9. Performs physics tasks pertaining to treatment planning, delivery and verification.
10. Troubleshoot hardware and software related issues.
11. Maintains and organizes required records, reports, and files.
12. Collect, amalgamate and assess any necessary statistics.
13. Performs any other relevant duties as requested by supervisors.
14. Complies with HMC policies and procedures; especially relating to infection control, safety and quality management issues.
1. Performs routine QA checks on linear accelerators, remote brachytherapy after loader, and CT scanner on a periodic basis.
2. Monitors the consistency of medical physics equipment, to ensure proper function and precision is achieved during use. Similarly, must ensure that ongoing periodic maintenance practices are adhered to.
3. Participates in the development of standards of patient care and treatment delivery.
1. Liaises with Medical staff to add technical results to patient reports.
2. Will provide training and advice on new equipment and protocols.
3. Researching new equipment developments and applications.
4. Will participates in agreed rotations throughout the various radiotherapy department sections in order to gain the required proficiency and experience needed to fulfill the required services.
5. Perform all duties according to the Departmental Protocols in place, and to report any deviation from the said protocols to the Chief Medical Physicist and the prescribing Radiation Oncologist.
6. Observes HMC Health and Safety regulations, Local Rules and Professional Codes of Practice.
7. Complies with HMC policies and procedures; including, but not limited to, patient confidentiality, infection control, moving and handling, radiation safety and quality Skills
Sound knowledge and experience in the use of computers Education
Master of Science in Medical Physicist
Simple body text this will replace with orginal content