ABOUT THE BUSINESS
We are the leading provider of worldwide smart end-to-end supply chain & logistics, enabling the flow of trade across the globe. Our comprehensive range of products and services covers every link of the integrated supply chain - from maritime and inland terminals to marine services and industrial parks as well as technology-driven customer solutions.
We deliver these services through an interconnected global network of 128 business units in 60 countries across six continents, with a significant presence both in high-growth and mature markets. Wherever we operate, we integrate sustainability and responsible corporate citizenship into our activities, striving for a positive contribution to the economies and communities where we live and work.
Our dedicated, diverse and professional team of more than 53,220 employees from 131 countries is committed to delivering unrivalled value to our customers and partners. We do this by focussing on mutually beneficial relationships - with governments, shippers, traders, and other stakeholders along the global supply chain - relationships built on a foundation of mutual trust and enduring partnership.
We think ahead, anticipate change and deploy industry-leading technology to further broaden our digital vision to disrupt world trade and create the smartest, most efficient and innovative solutions, while ensuring a positive and sustainable impact on economies, societies and our planet. KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Develop and maintain entity relationships (ER models) for normalized and dimensional model adhering to the enterprise architecture and data governance standards.
- Design of high-performance data models optimized for reporting purposes.
- Own the metadata and data governance from a technical stewardship perspective.
- Research technical problems, analyse business requirements, evaluate alternative design approaches, and design technical processes to meet business requirements.
- Estimate and document required work effort to develop, test and implement new technical processes/changes.
- Create technical documentation of implementation activities for management and other team members.
- Provides technical support and mentoring to other team members in order to foster professional development.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Act as an ambassador for DP World at all times when working promoting and demonstrating positive behaviours in harmony with DP World's Founder's Principles, values and culture ensuringthe highest level of safety is applied in all activities understanding and following DP World's Code of Conduct and Ethics policies
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Responsible for implementing robust data models and semantic layers using Microsoft Stack.
- Responsible for creating reusable and scalable dimensional models and/or OLAP cubes
- Responsible for co-develop and deployment of new data models.
- Experience on working with underlying technologies such: Azure Data Lake, Azure SQL Database, Azure Synapse, Azure SQL Data warehouse.
- Experience in Developing data models with Azure Analysis Service
- Expertise in various phases ofproject life cycles (Design, Analysis, Implementation and testing).
- Experience on designing and crafting data architecture solutions, including data modelling, providing advice on the design and implementation of complex data structures.
- Previous hands-on technical working experience with programming in Python and database design using SQL
- Business requirements analysis and data marts implementation.
- Hands on experience on Power BI or other reporting tools
In order to give credible support to the organisation and be successful in this role, the ideal candidate will have the following:
- College/University Degree - preferable in Computer Science, Software Engineering or Math/Physics (Computer Sc. stream) or equivalent experience
- Azure certifications will be an added advantage (Certification in Az-900 and/or AZ-204, AZ-303, AZ-304 or AZ-400).
- 7 Years + work experience
- Conceptual, logical, and physical data modelling proficiency
- Experience modelling from Azure Data Lake
- Azure SQL database, Databricks, Azure Synapse Database, Azure SQL Datawarehouse.
- Other Data Warehouse solutions
- Programming Spark SQL, Python, R,
- MSBI (SSAS, SSRS), Oracle, SQL, PL/SQL
- Data Visualization, SAP BI, Power BI
- Analytic Problem-Solving