Job Description :
The Chief Financial Officer (CFO) position is accountable for the administrative, financial, and risk management operations of the company. This includes the development of financial and operational strategies, and metrics tied to the formulated strategies and the ongoing development and monitoring of control systems designed to preserve company capital while supporting company growth and reporting accurate financial results.
- Work with – CEO on the strategic vision of the organization including cultivating and fostering strategic relationships and potential alliances; engage in the growth agenda including organic, acquisition and joint venture strategies.
- Partner with senior leaders on operational and strategic issues as they arise; provide strategic recommendations based on financial analysis and projections, and revenue/expense analysis.
- Adept at financial & organizational structuring, including developing business plans and establishing a robust culture of risk management, governance & business policies
- Develop and promote a framework to drive financial acumen and accountability across the organization; provide timely and meaningful analyses and reporting to operational leaders.
- Work with the CEO and other senior executives on assisting in the development and negotiation of contracts as per pricing policy.
- Participate in developing new business, specifically: assist the CEO in identifying new funding opportunities, the drafting of prospective programmatic budgets, and determining cost effectiveness of prospective service delivery.
- Participate in key decisions as a member of the executive management team
- Maintain in-depth relations with all members of the management team
- Innovating processes to increase productivity.
- Monitor and direct the implementation of strategic business plans
- Prepare the Financial Business Plan and manage the working capital request and budgeting processes for individual units and the group
- Prepare the Budgeted Cash flow in coordination with the CEO
- Develop performance measures that support the company's strategic direction
- Successful at building & leading large high-performance teams. Effectively lead the team by hiring and retaining top-grade talent
- Evaluation of the finance team, plan for innovation and continual improvement as well as providing individuals with professional and personal growth with emphasis on opportunities (where possible) of individuals.
- Manage any third parties to which functions have been outsourced
- Implement operational best practices
- Negotiate with suppliers are vendors for the best terms, that will lead to long term financial benefits
- Ensure that the reconciliation with the banks, suppliers and vendors are up to date
- Develop and maintain systems of internal controls to safeguard the financial assets of the group
- Review of the internal controls and ensure corrective measures are implemented for cases where the control weaknesses are identified.
- Oversee employee benefit plans, with emphasis on maximizing a cost-effective benefits package
- Oversee the payroll activity for 2000+ employees.
- Directs the preparation of all financial reports, including income statements, balance sheets. Oversees accounting departments, budget preparation & internal audit & compliance functions.
- Reports financial status (GM% & NP goals) by developing sales forecasts & analysis of sales pipelines; reporting results; analysing variances; developing improvements.
- Collaborate across function on developing the operating budget. Oversee long-term budgetary planning and cost management in alignment with the strategic plan and the monthly reporting and proactively manage cash flows in a leveraged environment
- Supervising investment of funds; works with to raise additional capital as required for expansion.
- Assist the CEO in arranging the debt and equity financing if required
- Work with banks and financial institutions to secure project funding and loans
- Assisting the CEO in Investing the funds of the group
- Ensure that the suppliers are paid and expenses are settled in a timely manner
- Coordinate with statutory and internal auditors for the audit
- Supervise the preparation of monthly financial statement and submit to the CEO
- Analyze the variance from the budget and prepare corresponding justification report to the CEO.
- Submission of the MIS reports with a detailed briefing on the various operations of the group to the CEO on a regular basis.
- Understand and mitigate key elements of the company's risk profile
- Monitor all open legal issues involving the company, and legal issues affecting the industry
- Construct and monitor reliable control systems within the group
- Maintain appropriate insurance coverage for all properties and assets owned by the group
- Ensure that the company complies with all legal and regulatory requirements
- Ensure that record keeping meets the requirements of auditors and regulators
- Report risk issues to the CEO
- Maintain relations with external and internal auditors and investigate and implement their findings and recommendations
Qualifications & Desired Skills:
- Maintain Banking relationships
- Maintain Regulator relationship
- Represent the company with investment bankers and investors
- A Master's degree in Finance, Accounting or business administration
- An MBA with specialization in Finance and or a qualified Chartered Accountant Accreditation (ACCA, CPA, CA or CIMA)
- At least 15+ years of progressively responsible experience for a major retail group / company with having managed turn over which crosses 1bn AED
- Should have experience in partnering with an executive team, and have a high level of written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent Leadership and Managerial competencies relevant to Business Strategy, Problem Solving & Decision Making
- Fair with impeccable integrity
- Partnering & relationship building to lead and motivate staff to deliver results
- Ability to work and influence at all levels in the organization
- Skilled in examining, developing, re-engineering, and recommending financial policies and procedures
- Excellent interpersonal skills honed in business partnering/advisory roles
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work flexibly and under own initiative to achieve objectives
- Attention to and consistent achievement of deadlines on SLA’s
- Gender sensitive & Managing diversity