The Coordinator of MRI Services is responsible for organizing, coordinating and directing all activities related to MRI services across the HMC imaging sites. The position is also responsible for managing the MRI Appointment Center and Call Center, and associated staffing.
- Demonstrates knowledge and application of the HMC mission, vision, and values and promotes a positive professional image of the MRI Service, the Medical Imaging Program, and of HMC at all times.
- Implements, interprets, and enforces organizational and departmental policies, procedures, and guidelines.
- Organizes, coordinates and directs all administrative activities related to MRI services; and manages daily operations at the MRI Appointment Center and Call Center, including staff assigned to the center.
- In consultation with the Clinical Imaging Manager, Clinical Imaging Administrator, Chair of Clinical Imaging, the Coordinator develops long-term operational and capital equipment plans for MRI, annual operational plans, annual goals and objectives, service improvement strategies, annual targets, performance indicators, and service metrics.
- Develops, implements, monitors, and reports on service improvement achievements, annual targets, performance indicators, waiting times, and service metrics.
- Responsible for prioritization of patient appointments, (and liaison with Radiologists on clinical prioritization as required) across all MRI units.
- Responsible for proactively monitoring and managing waiting times for MRI appointments
- Reports monthly (or as requested) on MRI waiting times.
- Ensures MRI waiting times remain within benchmark, and escalates issues where required to Senior Clinical Imaging Management.
- Proactively initiates waiting time reduction initiatives in collaboration with local Clinical Imaging department management .
- Routinely monitors capacity utilization across all MRI units, identifies and minimizes unutilized capacity.
- Constantly monitors, identifies and resolves barriers to access across the MRI units, and liaises collaboratively with either local Clinical Imaging Department Management or Corporate Clinical Imaging Management as maybe required.
- Ensures procedures are in place to constantly monitor no show patients across all MRI units, ensures Appointment Center staff communicate with no show patients, collect relevant information on no show patients, and identifies and implements solutions to minimize no show occurrences.
- In conjunction with the Clinical Imaging Manager, Chief Technologists, and MRI Supervisors, ensure MRI services and the activities of the MRI Appointment Center meet accreditation requirements, with all relevant supporting documentation, policies and procedures in place.
- Communicates directly with the MRI Supervisors regarding any operational and service improvement that may be required for MRI Services.
- Interacts with hospital department and inpatient wards to ensure effective and streamlined patient services between MRI and other hospital departments.
- Maintains accurate records to provide tracking and statistical data on MRI waiting times, performance indicators, and service metrics, providing expert analysis and identification of trends with appropriate recommendations and conclusions.
- Ensures Clinical Imaging Information System data completeness and data accuracy is maintained by all staff within the MRI Appointment Center and Call Center, and liaises with relevant Chief Technologists over any departmental staff involved in MRI Services locally.
- Identifies and resolves problems related to patient complaints.
- Prepares, maintains, and manages the Radiology Information System appointment schedules across all MRI units.
- Responsible for maintaining and revising documentation related to MRI appointments, patient preparation sheets, MRI safety screening forms, and related documentation, in consultation with Clinical Imaging leadership where required.
- Liaises with MRI Supervisors to ensure the MRI appointment schedule reflects equipment maintenance days or scheduled downtimes.
- In conjunction with clinical imaging management, ensures that MRI clinical appropriateness criteria are effectively implemented and utilized by referrers.
- In conjunction with clinical imaging management, ensures that relevant sections of the MRI Safety Plan are implemented and monitored for compliance that falls under the jurisdiction of this role.
- Performs other related duties as requested by the Clinical Imaging Manager or Clinical Imaging Administrator
Bachelor Degree in Radiology Technology or Healthcare related field.Essential Experience:
5 years’ experience in X-Ray Or Ultrasound Or Nuclear Medicine Or MRI Or CT.Language:
English and ArabicSpecific/Technical/Functional Competencies:
Demonstrates strong working knowledge of Planning, Organization skills, Clinical Background, Teamwork, and Communication