Job Description :
Job Category Sales & Marketing
Location Riyadh Marriott Hotel, King Saud Road, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, Saudi Arabia
Brand Marriott Hotels Resorts
Position Type Management
Located Remotely N
Marriott International portfolio of brands includes both JW Marriott and Marriott Hotels.
Marriott Hotels, Marriott International’s flagship brand with more than 500 global locations, is advancing the art of hosting so that our guests can travel brilliantly. As a host with Marriott Hotels, you will help keep this promise by delivering premium choices, sophisticated style, and well-crafted details. With your skills and imagination, together we will innovate and reinvent the future of travel.
JW Marriott is part of Marriott International's luxury portfolio and consists of more than 80 beautiful properties in gateway cities and distinctive resort locations around the world. JW believes our associates come first. Because if you’re happy, our guests will be happy. It’s as simple as that. Our hotels offer a work experience unlike any other, where you’ll be part of a community and enjoy a true camaraderie with a diverse group of co-workers. JW creates opportunities for training, development, recognition and most importantly, a place where you can really pursue your passions in a luxury environment. Treating guests exceptionally starts with the way we take care of our associates. That’s The JW Treatment™.
This Marketing and Communication Manager provides marketing, communication, PR, and digital marketing expertise to a market (or cluster) of properties with some regional proximity. This role provides high-level consultation and guidance to property Marketing and Communication teams by helping manage and coordinate marketing strategy across hotels consistent with Portfolio and Continent strategy. This Marketing and Communication Manager supports direct marketing plans, targeted campaigns, and activating channels to drive revenue, increased market share, and brand awareness for their property partners. This role looks across a market at all local, social, and digital marketing efforts to effectively integrate with the selling efforts for the organization. This role exercises knowledge of how to leverage public relations to drive hotel and brand awareness; serves as both a contact point for hotels as well as the regional PR team. This Marketing and Communication Manager pulls through Continent marketing programs and leverages sales channels and platforms based on the local needs of properties to position the hotel and its offerings in a relevant way to potential guests. Finally, this role plays a key part in supporting new hotel openings; they partner with other disciplines (e.g., Sales, Revenue Management, and eCommerce) to help the hotels open successfully, and also provide strategic consultation around marketing budget planning and activities.
Education and Experience
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Marketing, Public Relations, Business Administration or related major and 4 years experience in the sales, marketing, digital or related professional area; hospitality marketing or digital advertising experience preferred
• 4-year bachelor's degree in Marketing, Public Relations, Business, or related major; 2 years experience in the sales, marketing, digital or related professional area; hospitality marketing or digital advertising agency experience preferred.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Regional Marketing and Advertising
• Partners with properties to execute promotions and campaigns through traditional and digital channels that target in-house guests with promotions that drive incremental revenue
• Ensures all advertising for the hotel in traditional advertising mediums and digital and social media channels is in brand voice
• Serves as a consultant to properties to provide guidance on how to leverage advertising agencies on supporting advertising campaigns, creative and media plans, and food and beverage promotions.
• Maintains frequent, active engagement with the cluster Director of Marketing & Communications and cluster eCommerce and Digital leads to ensure alignment, pull-through, and 2-way communication about status, performance evaluation, opportunities, and issues related to online programs and initiatives
• Supports execution of email marketing campaigns for their region
• Supports the overarching marketing strategy by helping properties activate and manage their content on relevant digital platforms
Regional Social Media Support
• Focuses on supporting region-wide digital engagement via social media (e.g., Facebook, Twitter, Sina Weibo, wechat, etc.)
• Facilitates social media engagement, Hotel Website content update (especially for Food & Beverage outlets), and updating content in other digital channels (e.g., hotel websites)
• Supports the execution of promotions campaign in F&B, weddings, spa, rooms and conferences through relevant social media channels
Public Relations and Visual Asset Management
• Maintains a comprehensive list of international and local media contacts, with particular emphasis on F&B media contacts
• Manages assigned accounts as per the media account management system
• Manages external vendors and media agencies; work with agency partners to identify strategic media buys for their hotel(s)
• Liaises with continent PR leadership to ensure media placement for hotel(s) supports the overall hotel marketing strategy
• Acts as consulting resource for property marketing teams looking for regional photographers for food, amenity, and property imagery and ensures all photography adheres to brand voice
Regional Marketing Activation Tracking
• Consults with Brand and Field marketing leaders on the execution of marketing strategy through digital channels
• Liaises with Marriott Rewards teams, sales, and revenue management to ensure digital customer engagement is right for property/regions
• Provides consultation to property Marketing Communications teams on correct pull through of brand voice in digital channels (e.g., social media, OTAs, HWS)
Activates New Hotel Openings
• Assists and supports the coordination of photography for F&B advertising, collateral and public relations purposes between the hotel, advertising agency and the marketing department at corporate office
• Partners with Director of Sales and Marketing and Field Marketing team to help plan marketing budget, both for pre-opening period and through post-opening
• Partners with regional Online Sales and Marketing managers to ensure on-brand property imagery is live in digital channels (e.g., social media, OTAs, HWS)
• Work with regional eCommerce and Digital teams to position the hotel on digital channels
• Collaborate with regional Field Marketing to develop, recommend and execute the opening S&M plan for the hotel
• Ensure photo shoots and photography for property are in brand-voice before they are incorporated into marketing channels
• Engage with owners and hotel GMs to help explain and set up services of marketing support
• Assists with the development, co-ordination and execution of all communications activities with a strong emphasis on F&B promotions and campaigns across their region
• Works with eCommerce to ensure their hotels’ website and related websites are updated on a regular basis
• Provides training and marketing leadership and acts as a marketing subject matter expert for area Sales, Revenue, and Operations leaders Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer.We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture.We are committed to non-discrimination onanyprotectedbasis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.