Job Requisition ID:
No two days are the same at Al-Futtaim, no matter what role you have. Our work is driven by the desire to make a difference and to have a meaningful impact with the goal of enriching everyday lives. Take our engaging and supportive work environment and couple it with a company culture that recognises and rewards quality performance, and what do you get The chance to push the limits every single day.
As a humble family business that started on the banks of the Dubai Creek in the 1930s, Al-Futtaim has expanded to a presence in 31 countries, a portfolio of over 200 companies, and 42,000 employees. You'll find us in industries ranging from automotive and retail, to finance and real estate, and connecting people with international names like Lexus, Ikea, and Adidas. Our team is proudly multicultural and multinational because that kind of diverse representation gives us the global mindset to grow and impact the people, markets, and trends around us.
Come join us to live well, work better, and be the best.
- Reporting directly to the Site Project Manager for Project smooth execution.
- Responsible for successful execution of the Project site works in accordance with the Project Schedule, Cost and other KPI's.
- Direct Management of a Team of Site Engineers, Supervisors and supporting services as defined in the Project Org. Chart.
- Maintain a strong and effective professional working relationship with the Client, Consultant, Contractor, interfacing Sub-contractors and other stakeholders.
- Represent the company on site Walkthroughs, Construction meetings and coordination meetings.
- Assist with the planning and execution of MEP construction related plans and Targets.
- Ensure all works on site are adequately and safely planned, performed, directed and supervised by the Team and subcontractors. Make sure that work is executed as per Drawings, specifications, plans to achieve the Project KPI's.
- Provide leadership to ensure prompt prioritization and coordination of all unforeseen issues at the site and escalating Senior Project Manager as required.
- Manage all expenditures at site in accordance with Company and Project procedures and DOA.
- Manage the site Assets and maintain the associated Asset register.
- Write regular progress reports as required by Sr. Project Manager.
- Should ne flexible to adapt quickly the new instructions and or dynamic organization.
- Problem solving approach.
- Energetic, responsive team player with interest to take initiative, anticipate needs, and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Proactive in handling challenging situation and willingness to take on new opportunities and sense of ownership.
- Ensure that all the material used, and that work executed is in line with contract requirements.
- Conduct daily site visit and report to the SPM about issues concerning work execution to fix them.
- Ensure that all HSE planning in is place and that necessary measures are taken in order to avoid any accidents/incidents.
- Compare planned works versus work executed, make sure that all works are delivered on time and to the required quality. Report to the SPM any areas of unsatisfactory performance and follow/ensure appropriate action is taken to correct them.
- Coordinate with Subcontractors to ensure provision of adequate resources through an efficient work force. Plan aligned with the Construction phases and work priorities to achieve safe and successful Project deliveries.
- Proactively estimate and forecast required resources, based on the working Program, upcoming Construction phase, number and qualification of the work force need to avoid Manpower shortage.
- Follow all relevant functional processes, standard operating procedures, and instruction to ensure that work is carried out in a controlled and consistent manner.
- Lead the development of appropriate Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality Culture in the Team on site through the application of all appropriate safety, Quality and environmental management policies, procedure, and controlled to ensure Employee safety, legislative compliance, delivery of high-quality product/service and responsible environmental attitude.
- Contribute to the identification of opportunities for continuous improvement of MEP function systems, processes and practices considering international best practices, improvement of business, Cost reduction and Productivity improvement.
- Identify any potential threat to the Project completion dates and report to the Project Manager with remedial measures.
- Delivering the overall MEP constructions management in ensuring the quality, cost statutory, safety and environment issues and project scheduling requirements are met
- To lead co-ordination within MEP services and Contractors Team including progress, logistics, quality, HSE.
- To coordinate between Contractors Coordinators, Site Team regarding Projects and areas of concerns, obtaining fronts for MEP works.
- Adequate Productivity monitoring of the site resources and reporting any manhour losses. Safe keeping of Materials procured, Stored, long lead items and installed Equipment's, and plant.
- Ensuring implementation of the Master program, look ahead programs and recovery plans to obtain necessary Progress and monitoring of monthly progress.
- Supporting QS/planner in monthly billing and ensure work performed is duly approved by the identified stakeholders.
- Ensuring, releasing MEP clearance for civil works successor activities and follow the same for predecessors MEP activities.
- To ensure all short-term programs are properly reviewed and communicated to the Site Team
- To ensure proper safety conduct and standards of all site operations
- To provide effective and efficient site administration, meetings and reporting
- To organize various statutory inspections
- To assist the procurement and appointment of subcontractor
- Co-ordinating with the consultant, main-contractors, sub-contractors and other service contractors
- Take all necessary measure to protect the company rights in all aspects including cost & time
- Control the manpower resources and assure compliance with the standard productivity rates
- Insure that projects is executed in line with the time schedule
- Liaising with authorities like Municipality and Civil Defense, SECO for all the related works
- Collaborate & Interact positively with all divisions of the company such as procurement, HR, Admin., etc.
We're here to provide excellent service but a little help from you can ensure a five-star candidate experience from start to finish.
Before you click 'apply': Please read the job description carefully to ensure you can confidently demonstrate why
this opportunity is right for you and take the time to put together a well-crafted and personalised CV to further boost your visibility. Our global Talent Acquisition team members are all assigned to specific businesses to ensure that we make the best matches between talent and opportunities. We not only consider the requisite compatibility of skills and behaviours, but also how candidates align with our Values of Respect, Integrity, Collaboration, and Excellence.
As part of our candidate experience promise, we also want to make ourselves available to you throughout the application process. We make every effort to review and respond to every application.