The Construction Manager is responsible in overseeing all construction works on site. Coordinate and lead to ensure all works are delivered on time and with the quality expected. Enforcing an efficient regime of field inspections and guaranteeing the implementation of the quality program.
- Overseeing the overall coordination of the construction supervision team in monitoring all the Works associated with the Project in relation to quality, sustainability, HSSE, Site Workers’ Welfare and other requirements;
- Support and supervise various trades and discipline leads;
- Manage and coordinate logistics issues and site based activities;
- Lead initial Project Assessment Report for existing conditions;
- Monitoring the discipline engineers / Architect on the supervision of the Contractor’s performance against approved Method Statements and ITPs;
- Monitoring the discipline engineers / Architects on performance related to Inspection and Testing, Look-Ahead Schedules and adjust resources as necessary;
- Ensure that all testing and materials are witnessed by the delegate Engineer/Architect;
- Coordinate the review and recommendation on RFI’s submitted by Contractor, along with Design Manager;
- Coordinate the development and implementation of a Snagging Procedure that includes processes in addressing outstanding works or defects identified prior to issuance of the COC;
- Coordinate the implementation of Handover Procedures and Project Close-Out;
Health & Safety, Security and Environmental
- Review, comment, and provide recommendations to the PCM on technical Notices of Change/Variation submitted by the Contractor;
- Review Application for Payment (AFP), based on approved work executed on site submitted by the Contractor, and provide recommendation to PCM.
- Advise the HSSE team on monitoring the compliance by Contractors to required standards;
- Advise the HSSE team to report any violation;
- Oversee coordination of the CSC team to monitor and inspect the site and construction activities to ensure all HSSE Standards are met. Issue NCRs for any non-conformances;
- Relevant degree in an Engineering field from a recognized University;
- Minimum 15 years’ relevant experience;
- Minimum 5 years’ relevant experience in the Gulf region.
- Must have majority of experience working on building projects
- Must have experience working as a project management consultant (PMC)