WANTED FOR GRADE A CONTRACTING CO
We are a Grade A Contracting Co. operating in Qatar for over 3 decades. Our main specialization is in Civil Infrastructure projects involving mostly the construction, refurbishment & maintenance of underground water, sewerage & drainage networks and related civil infrastructure works.
We are looking for a highly qualified CONSTRUCTION MANAGER to report directly to the MD with excellent managerial skills of no less than 15 yrs in managing the co. on all levels viz construction, pricing, financial, administration.
1. B Sc in Civil/Mech Engg
2. Min.15 yrs exp in Infrastructure Projects in Sewer/Water/TSE Pipe Line/ House connection works with KAHRAMAA, ASHGHAL & QP.
3. Strong character with Excellent Commanding and Managerial skills.
4. Perfect English spoken/written, Arabic is an advantage
5. Excellent Computer and Self Correspondence skills.
6. Age must be bet. 40 - 55 yrs & Sponsorship change is a must.
Core Duties and Responsibilities:
• Overall general administration of all the Project activities to make sure of efficient work progress.
• Study the contract and identify the scopes and special conditions.
• Monitors Project performance against contractual obligations of the job.
• Assigns resources (materials, machinery, and labour) and jobs to project managers/supervisors between current sites at any time
• Optimizes resource allocation. Sets turnover and gross profit targets. Prepares quarterly and yearly budgets
• Ensures update project documentation through the system Ensures compliance to QA/QC, HSE, legal, commercial terms of the contract.
• Control operational overheads. Improve inventory management practices towards achieving zero wastage. Ensure project completion in line with estimation & contract.
• Ensure 100% certification of work executed to ensure payment of invoices on time.
• Develops and maintains suppliers relations for smooth operations.
• Develop technical, contractual and managerial competence of operations team (skills, quality, safety, client-dealing aspects of the project/s) by means of training. Anticipate and Reduce bottlenecks in operations management (project execution) Improve labour productivity and material efficiency throughout the operations by process improvement and continues training.
• Continuously research and develop improvements in processes (time, cost, safety, quality, etc)
• Upgrades self and teams professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.