JOB PROFILE Location Umm Al Quwain
Job name:Asst. Manager
Position: Consumer Protection Asst. Manager
Grade range 8 OR 9
Head of Business / Compliance
Age Range : 35 years to 45 years
National/Expatriate : National or Expatriate
Graduate, preferably with Finance background
- At least 10 years of banking experience spanning across business process, products, procedures, operations, compliance, risk and understanding of consumer protection regulation of CBUAE.
- Knowledge of the Retail Banking Products, Policies and Services across channels including branches, digital, contact centre and ATM, complaint management
- Strong stakeholder management
Developing, monitoring and tracking adherence to CBUAE Consumer Protection Regulation and Standards. This role would encompass ongoingcoordination and follow-up regarding changes in System, Policies, SOPs and management frameworks across all business segments and channels
Top of Form
Responsibilities: (Implementation/Compliance, Detection and Investigation)
Consumer Protection - Implementation
- Drive the implementation of Consumer Protection Standard within defined timeframes by UAE Central Bank and meet all required timelines
- Track and follow-up with all the stakeholders on gap-assessment and solution in order for compliance to the regulatory standards
- Assist in preparation of management action plan and timeline for monitoring and implementation all Groups / Segments.
- Support in publishing timely and complete monitoring update pack for senior management covering all broad aspects of the Consumer Protection Regulation.
- Support the implementation plan - covering all products and service areas defined within the Consumer Protection Regulation and Standards
- Identify gaps within existing products, policies and process in comparison to the Consumer Protection Standards - engage necessary stakeholders to eliminate Risks to the implementation timelines by mitigation of identified threats during the project as well as in BAU
- To provide focused, quality updates in order to support Management to take decisions in the right strategic direction
Consumer Protection - Ongoing Compliance:
- Support the Head of Customer Engagement in reviewing Policies and Procedures based on Consumer Protection and other regulatory guidelines and/or observations from Internal Audit, Compliance and Regulators etc.
- Responsible to take care of adhoc bank-wide regulatory exercises pertaining to Consumer Protection.
- Assist the business teams and front-end Channels (including Branches), with the objective of resolving procedural and operational issues that may arise at any time pertaining to Consumer Protection.
Involve in critical analysis of approach and interpretation of CPR for solutions and planning
- Ongoing basis, identify weaknesses and implement control checks with support from relevant stakeholders to ensure no deviation from standards prescribed
- Submission of reports to senior management and Central Bank as per CPR requirements and within the timelines published.
- Conduct Consumer awareness training programs.
- Build framework on customers and staff feedback on customer satisfaction, business and market conduct and provide results of survey to management for improvement is staff and business conduct, changes to product and services that will enhance customer satisfaction and mitigate risks in business and market conduct risk management.
Consumer Protection Complaint Management and Resolution:
- Ensure all customer complaints are resolved and timelines adhered to
- Oversee complaint management process and provide continuous training to improve the services and resolution process
- Monitor complaints and report unresolved complaints to senior management within the timeless
- Using data analysis financing, arrange for thematic reviews, surveys, mystery shopping to develop a holistic understanding of complaint trends, Based on findings, improve control framework and conduct of Bank's process and policies
Strong knowledge of the retail products life cycle, industry trends on consumer protection tools/solutions
Understanding of consumer protection management and governance frameworks, strong knowledge of business and market practices and protocols, and in-depth knowledge and expertise of the Bank's operations, including IT practices.
Ensure efficient use of limited resources. and oversee teams of consumer protection support staff and analysts and ensure efficient time utilization.
Provide training to reporting staff and analysts and consumer awareness programs and conduct customer satisfaction surveys
Attention to detail and ability to analyze large amounts of information
Strong problem solving and analytical skills
Excellent communications (oral and written), interpersonal / business partnering, and organizational skills
Proficient with MS applications.
Preferred types of organizations
Previously worked in local Banks in UAE
Previously worked in Banks of large if from other countries.
Human Resources Management
10 years retail products and consumer protection experience along with deep understanding of how retail products along with high level understanding of consumer protection concepts including risk management principles. In addition on an ongoing basis stay ahead of curve to beat the innovative techniques used by fraudsters.
Be able to handle multi-tasks independently
Possess strong logical and analytical skills in problem solving
Excellent interpersonal and communications skills
Project Management skills will have advantage
Must have managed minimum 1 or 2 subordinates
Excellent communication skills, especially related to facilitation, documentation and reporting.
Able to manage multiple priorities, communicate effectively and work as part of a team
Strong people skills including collaborative and negotiation skills.
Exceptional ability to remain calm under stress.
Excellent team skills, both as a leader and as a team player
Consumer protection, customer surveys, consumer awareness and training programs or projects