We are a Grade ‘A’ Contracting Co. operating in Qatar for over 3 decades. Our main specialization is in Civil Infrastructure projects involving mostly the construction, refurbishment & maintenance of underground water, sewerage & drainage networks and related civil infrastructure works
We are looking for a highly qualified CONTRACTS MANAGER with very good field experience of not less than 15 years in the above field. (EUROPEAN NATIONALS WELCOMED)
A- Essential Requirements:
1. Min. 15 Yrs. Exp. In Infrastructure Projects involving Drainage & Water Networks for Ashghal & Kahramaa & Others with min of 8 yrs. as Contracts Manager.
2. B.Sc.in Civil Engineering from a well reputed University, plus MBA as an advantage
3. Age bet. 45 to 55 yrs.
4. Advanced knowledge of FIDIC / Ashghal / Kahramaa Contracts
5. Full understanding of all facets of the project execution process incl. Engineering, Planning, Quantity Surveying/Estimation, Variations and Claims Management
6. Familiarity with construction management software packages and full knowledge of computer skills and software.
7. Strong & pleasant personality with excellent communication skills,
8. Excellent self-correspondence & perfect English spoken and written. Arabic is an advantage.
B- Job responsibilities include but not limited to the following:
1. Looking after all contractual issues related with all ongoing Contracts & Tenders under Pricing covering all aspects from Tendering till Handing Over
2. Make weekly meetings with all Project Managers (PMs) to discuss Progress and any other contractual issues.
3. Attending meetings with Clients / Consultants/ Subcontractors/ Vendors etc...As and when needed.
4. Discuss and agree all financial issues with Managing Director
5. To finalize Subcontract Agreements, in coordination with MD
6. Ensure that Invoicing to Clients is done by all concerned staff (Project Managers, Planning Engineers, QSs, Accounts Dept. etc...) on monthly basis for every Contract, and follow up with Clients to ensure timely Payments.
7. Monitor Progress thru Sites daily work reports (DWRs) to ensure that work progress is always in accordance with Planned Construction Programs and the Look Ahead Forecasts prepared by the Planning Dept. on Weekly or Bi- Weekly Basis and that all Completion Deadlines are met.
8. Prepare an overall By-Weekly Report (BWR) for each Contract in coordination with all Staff Concerned (Format of BWR to be proposed by you after 2 weeks of joining) and send same to MD.
9. Liaise with Site Managers, QS/Estimation & Accounts Dept. to ensure budgets are never exceeded and all Delivery Deadlines are met.
10. Use his past experience to implement new policies and work procedures to improve on present procedures as when required.
11. Assist in recruitment of qualified staff, and in procurement of materials by ensuring that only fully-specs complying and lowest offers are recommended by the procurement Dept.