The Cybersecurity Consultant is responsible for deploying and implementing data protection solutions and
identity and access management solutions in customer enterprise environments. In this position, the consultant
has a central role in the organization, generating revenue, dealing with customers directly, coordinating with
R&D and product management to perform profiling and fine-tuning of the solution delivered.
This is a highly hands-on and technical role with extensive customer facing responsibilities. The individual will
work with cross functional teams at customer sites focusing mainly on IT security, encryption and key
management, to install and configure our encryption products. In this position, you will have to travel very
regularly (at least every 2 weeks).
When needed, you will also be involved in pre-sales phase, as a product specialist.MAIN MISSIONS
- Deliver (on site or in remote) data protection solutions and identity and access management solution to
- Here is a list of typical activities for the consultant, to deliver a solution:
- Hand-over customer information form engagement managers (Quote, Scope of Work)
- Hand-over customer information from sales and pre-sales teams (pilots / POC already done, scope &
- offer, customer context & constraints)
- Contact customer to review the scope, plan the activities and review pre-requisites for the mission
- Define and agree with customer the design of the solution and technical choices
- Travel to customer premises (usually datacentre) to install and deploy our solutions
- Write technical documentations related with installation and configuration of the solution
- Get customer acceptance to proceed with invoicing
- Participate on pre-sales phase on request with engagement manager to support them on scope of work definition
- and workload estimation
- Engagement manager
- Pre-sales engineer
- Project manager
- Delivery manager
- Product manager
- Engineering team
- Project managers
- Network engineer
- Data centre manager
- You should have prior delivery experience with technical skills of cryptography, IT Network and Security, and
- some exposure to software developments.
- Minimum of 5 years of customer facing experience, in IT Network & security domain.
- Technically hands-on with skills in problems solving, development and architecture design.
- Experience on key management, encryption and hardware security modules (HSM) will be a differentiator.
- B.A./B.S. degree required (preferably Computer Science, Cybersecurity, Information Services or a related field).
The position requires extensive travels: average of 50%, with peaks up to 100% from time to time.Key Skills:
- Experience in networking principles and protocols
- Familiar with Unix/Linux and Windows systems administration
- Experience in a direct customer facing role and ready to travel very regularly
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- High energy, flexible, pro-active and excellent resistance to stress
Additional Skills (beneficial, not mandatory):
- Knowledge of Authentication and Identity management solutions
- Experience in database administration (mainly Oracle, MySQL and MS SQL)
- Knowledge & background in Cryptography and Security, including PKI, digital signature, encryption,
- certificates, HSM and cryptographic APIs (PKCS#11, OpenSSL,…)
- Programming background and experience (Java, C++, .NET, SQL, XML)
- Strong IT security awareness
- Knowledge of applications such as WebSphere, Apache Tomcat, JBoss
- Experienced with enterprise virtualized cloud environments (AWS, Azure, VMWare)
- Experience in Key Management Interoperability Protocol (KMIP)
- Experience in Storage solutions (NetApp, Dell, HP, etc.)
- Relevant security or professional certifications: CISM, CISA, CISSP, ITIL v3
- Iqama Status: Transferable
- Joining Availability: Immediate