HPE Saudi Arabian Branch is in need for a talented Data Center Facility Operations Manager to lead the Operation Team for a hi-end and hi-availability Tier IV multi tenants data center. The candidate will be in charge of delivering the maximum available uptime from the Data Center Infrastructure Critical Systems supporting mission critical ICT infrastructure by directing the operation of all engineering functions involving design, projects, maintenance, repairs and systems modifications that affect the end-to-end reliability of the data center. the DCFOD will interface with high level clients and senior management to determine strategic and tactical needs for MEP infrastructure support, developing options where necessary to define costs, project scopes and capital expenditures related to Information Systems requirements, facility operations and network integrity.
Role / Title:
Data Centre Facilities Operations Manager
European, Americans and others western professionals with international experience.
Riyadh – Saudi Arabia
• Manage the DC electro-machanical operation team, review and evaluate skills, and ensure the team corresponds with the physical infrastructure.
• Oversee the ongoing training program for the DC operation team, motivate, and build internal team resiliency to have contingency plans for key staff.
• Responsible for applying efficient & effective DC facility operations, and running the right documented processes, polices, and RunBook procedures.
• Responsible for monthly operation runbook update, review & improve operations procedures following the best practices in DC Total Facility Operations & Management industry.
• Responsible for developing the maintenance program, schedule and oversee the regular O&M activities, and monthly maintenance report (for UPS, RPPs, PDUs, BMS, SCADA, generators runtime logs, capacity reports, air quality report, HVAC reports, gas emission reports, fire system)
• Manage the DC operation contract as per the contracted scope of work with the customer, communicate effectively in a concise and timely manner with client management, the technical staffs, and company management
• Responsible for all documentations related to the DC facility operations for, and ensure complete and updated operational documentation library.
• Responsible for vendors Selection, qualification, and ongoing vendors and SLAs supervision and management.
• Responsible for on-site spares stock management., equipment Life cycle management (repair or replace), develop and implement Change Management system for the critical infrastructure components, Security access approvals and key management, Inventory and asset management, Total Quality Management, Shift management and scheduling.
• Plan and manage new operational business requirements (TCOS Gold from Uptime)
• Ensure a smooth, efficient, highly available, and continuous business operations in the DC with zero downtime.
• Monitor compliance of the operation activities to the relevant policies and procedures.
• Oversee the Inspection of equipment coming into the white space, and Oversee the final inspection after installation has been completed.
• Capacity planning to ensure that the DC is always operating within its design limits.
• Allocation of resources (Space, Power, cooling) within the white space.
• Act as focal point of contact and reporting for the customer by interfacing with Senior and Executive Management of the customer’s tenants.
• Responsible for Incidents management and reporting, root cause analysis, and developing recurrence prevention measures.
• Operations scope of control covers: Architectural I physical, Conditioned power, Precision environmental control, Telecommunication, Physical security, Safety, Equipment monitoring, Housekeeping.
The Candidate must have:
• Strong knowledge in M&E systems like (but not limited to), Fire Alarm & Fighting Systems (water & clean agent), Leak detection system, CCTV, access control, BMS, SCADA, MV/LV Switchgears & Transformers, Generators, ATS, HVAC (Chillers, CRAH/ CRAC/AHU, Pumps), UPS & DC system, Elevators, LC & ELV, etc
• Strong knowledge in DC international operation methodology and best practices, aware of UTI (uptime institute) Operation Sustainability levels
• Excellent customer service and relationship building skills. Strong negotiation and vendor management skills.
• Excellent analytical skills, ability to manage conflict and crisis situations effectively.
• Strong financial & operational budgeting skills
• Strong team leadership.
• Good knowledge of safety requirements and regulations for equipment and facility operation.
• Knowledge of the applicable international standards (TIA, IEEE, BICSI, NFPA, ANSI) and best practices
• University degree in electrical or mechanical engineering, or any similar accredited degree/license in electrical or mechanical trades that can support DC facility.
• Previous experience in Managing the operation of Tier III or Tier IV DC.
• Twelve years of DC facility infrastructure operations and management.
• AOS/ATD/ATS certifications is a plus.
Functions : Human Resources
Industries : IT/Computers - Hardware, IT/Computers - Software
Skills/Roles I hire for: It Skills
level Hiring For: Junior Level, Mid Level, High Level