Key Result Areas:
• Management reporting And relevant analyses
• Ensure the sustainability of Org. finances and resources.
• Provide a comprehensive financial and management accounting service to all functional areas of Org. , ensuring appropriate financial corporate policies, guidelines and procedures are maintained.
• Assist in performing all tasks necessary to achieve the organization's mission and help execute staff succession and growth plans.
• Train the Finance Unit and other staff on raising awareness and knowledge of financial management matters.
• Work with the CEO on the strategic vision of the organization.
• Work with department managers and corporate staff to develop five year and ten year business plans for the company.
• Participate in developing new business, specifically: assist the CEO and Executive Director-Programs in identifying new funding opportunities, the drafting of prospective programmatic budgets, and determining cost effectiveness of prospective service delivery.
• Assess the benefits of all prospective contracts and advise the Executive Team on programmatic design and implementation matters.
• Ensure adequate controls are applied and that substantiating documentation is approved and available such that all purchases may pass independent audits.
• Provide the Executive Director-Programs with an operating budget. Work with the Executive Director-Programs to ensure programmatic success through cost analysis support, and compliance with all contractual and programmatic requirements.
• Provide day-to-day leadership, direction and management to the Finance and Administration Directorate.
• Approve finances to be used in specific projects by the organization based on estimates made by the accounting department.
• Participate in and contribute to Board of Trustees, Executive Committee and senior management meetings as required.
• Oversee the development and maintenance of the integrity and accuracy of the Silatech Table of Financial Authorities (TOFA).
• Coordinate with appointed investment advisors on investment recommendations.
• Manage the relationship with the company’s external and internal auditors and respond to queries and observations appropriately.
• Oversee the management and coordination of all fiscal reporting activities for the organization including: organizational revenue/expense and balance sheet reports, reports to funding agencies, development and monitoring of organizational and contract/grant budgets.
• Oversee all purchasing and payroll activity for all employees.
• Attend meetings; including being the lead staff on the Finance, Administration and HR.
• Monitor banking activities of the organization.
• Ensure adequate cash flow to meet the organization's needs.
• Serve as one of the senior executives and oversee administration and financial reporting of the organization.
• Investigate cost-effective benefit plans and other fringe benefits which the organization may offer employees and potential employees with the goal of attracting and retaining qualified individuals.
• Oversee the production of monthly reports including reconciliations with funders well as financial statements and cash flow projections for use by Executive management.
• Oversee Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable and ensure a disaster recovery plan is in place.
• Oversee business insurance plans and health care coverage analysis.
• Oversee the maintenance of the inventory of all fixed assets, including assets purchased (computers, etc.) assuring all are in accordance with the regulations.
Operating Environment, Framework and Boundaries:
• Reports to the Chief Executive Officer and is accountable for financial policies and processes.
• Works in a rapidly developing environment where guidelines are evolving and where the business complexity, controls environment and procedures are continuing to develop and grow.
• Provides significant professional direction technical advice and works effectively in a complex multi-national, multi-cultural environment.
• Has a high degree of freedom in the execution of the role.
Communications and Working Relationships:
• Daily communication with the department’s managers to coordinate work.
• Regular frequent contact with senior management on business plans, budgets, financial systems and other administrative issues.
• Regular meetings with the executive committe to review business plans and budgets.
• Annual meetings with the Board of Trustees to present budgets and plans and obtain approval.
• Occasional meetings with external consultants and contract resources.
• Occasional meetings with representatives from Her Highness’ office to review progress of work.
• Periodic meetings with banks, external Auditors, Government departments and contractors.
• Complexity is created by the frequent overlapping of deadlines and organisational demands requiring work on several domains simultaneously.
• The challenge in this position lies in finding and implementing appropriate management systems that answer the needs of the organisation and in cross units communication.
Decision Making Authority and Responsibility:
• The role requires the active leadership in strategic decisions relating to critical financial, human resources and administrative processes and systems.
• The job holder has the latitude to determine, develop and implement his own working methods, goals, objectives. Provides direct reports with guidance, leadership and advice in determining functional objectives and work patterns
• The role has the responsibility to determine solutions, manage issues and undertake the appropriate risk analysis.
• The role has the responbility of making proper recommendations for the CEO for financial matters.
Simple body text this will replace with orginal content