Drilling Staff Engineer Reports to (Position):
Drilling Engineering Supervisor Job Description/Major Duties
(general job functions, responsibilities, day-to-day tasks & activities)
The Drilling Staff Engineer will work closely with the well construction team in preparation of the drilling and completion programs.
The Drilling Staff Engineer responsibilities include but not limited to :
• Develop specific well plans in conjunction with the Reservoir Management Team (RMT) or Exploration Team.
• Active participation and documentation of RMT or Exploration Team meetings.
• Identify and evaluate appropriate offset wells. Lead internal well design reviews and risk assessments for assigned wells.
• Develop well designs and AFEs for assigned wells.
• Monitor well costs on a daily basis. Prepare and update depth vs days and depth vs cost curves.
• Ensure final costs in Open Wells and Oracle are accurate and prepare AFE supplements if required.
• Write drilling procedures for assigned wells. Document all well design changes using MOC process.
• Attend rig calls. Provides technical support on daily drilling operations and is the primary contact for field engineering issues.
• Provide full time engineering support to assigned drilling rig(s). Monitor daily morning report, and facilitate data error corrections and coding. Primary responsibility for Open Wells files, well file population and management for assigned wells.
• Know and follow the Worldwide Drilling and Completion Standards and PRO’s.
• Prepare internal and external benchmarking and end of well reports. Coordinate and communicate end of well reviews. Leads the joint review with the RMT or Exploration Team.
• Evaluate activities against pre-established goals. Make recommendations based on evaluations.
• Full understanding of and active participation in HESMS Program.
• Accountable for knowledge of and compliance with all applicable regulations and Company HES training requirements and policies.
• Manage contracts and contractors to continuous improvement via the Contract and Contractor Management Standard.
• Serve as Proponent for assigned contracts, including tender preparation, analysis, award and contract administration as per SCM RACI chart.
• Review and approves invoices for accuracy.
Requirements (Minimum education required, background, experience, skills)
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, preferred in Petroleum, Chemical, Mechanical, or Electrical Engineering discipline.
• Minimum of 7 years of working experience in drilling operations, as Drilling Engineer.
• Definite interest in drilling engineering and drilling operations.
• Willing to travel to the rig location to observe operations on an as-needed basis.
• Familiarity with casing design and hydraulics calculations.
• Adequate Basic understanding of drilling equipment, including top drives, iron roughnecks, pipe handlers, mud pumps, degassers, choke manifolds, BOPs, BOP control units, and other equipment.
• Adequate Basic organizational and time management skills.
• Familiar with the Halliburton Suite of Software (Compass, Openwells, Stresscheck etc).
• Skilled in the use of Microsoft Office software.
• Good communication and interpersonal skills.
Screening Questions for Job Posting website (Recommended!)
• Do you have Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering preferred in Petroleum, Chemical, Mechanical, or Electrical Engineering discipline
• Do you have at least 7 years of working experience in drilling operations as Drilling Engineer
• Please write your active phone number so we can communicate with you via SMS.