The ELV coordinator is a core member of the engineering team, He/she is responsible for delivering all the project engineering documentation during the project life cycle, through managing a team of Draughtsman, Preparing Shop drawing and material Submittal submittals logs, Issuing RFI, and attending all technical, progress meeting with the head of engineering and Project Manager.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Understand clearly the Scope of work of the project from an engineering perspective.
- Prepare Project Logs including Shop-drawing, Material submittal logs.
- Prepare engineering Schedule
- Manage a team of draughtsmen to ensure the progress of the work as per the proposed schedule.
- Obtain Approvals on all drawings
- Coordinate with the project manager and ensure all the team is continuously updated on the progress of the work
- Prepare engineering minutes of meeting
- Maintain the quality of the submitted documents as per internal QA/QC Policy
- Coordinate and manage communication with the different stakeholders in the project.
- Coordinate internally and act as an interface between Pre-sales Team and the project stakeholders during Material submittal approvals.
- Coordinate with the installation team for the preparation of installation drawing.
- Attend all progress meetings and technical workshops.
- Notify of any technical discrepancy between the Tender proposal and submitted engineering documents
- Identify, Notify and prepare required documents for variation in the project in coordination with the project manager, Finance, and procurement Team.
- Telecommunication engineer, Electrical Engineer, Electronics engineer, or equivalent.
- Ability to manage a team of at least 3 persons
- Being very organized
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in the Construction sector
- Previous experience with MEP contractor as ELV engineer is required
- In-depth knowledge of the construction cycle from awarding to project close-out
- Previous exposure to multiple ELV systems with sound knowledge.
- Computer software skills to including the ability to read architectural and engineering drawings.
- Working knowledge of AC and DC circuitry, Voltage drop calculations, and wiring sizing
- Ability to simultaneously work on multiple large, complex projects.
- Certifications not required, but preferred. Willingness to pass project management certification
Key Demographic Requirements - applicants must be:
Based in Qatar
Minimum Years of Experience: 3