Outlet General Manager / Assistant Restaurant Manager
A Floor Supervisor is not just being someone who supervises the work of others according to the sequence of service, make sure guests are satisfied, but also responsible for coaching, resolving issues and serving as a link between subordinates and upper management. His / her duties include assisting the Outlet Manager in an assigned management tasks set by the Outlet Manager.
He/she takes full charge of the branch during the low sales operations (should be communicated to director of operations).
Role and Responsibilities
1. Maintaining Standard Procedure
• Ensure that all policies and procedures are followed in his or her Outlet as mentioned in the ‘Qoot Operations Manual’.
• Never change any policies, standards, and or specifications of the operation.
• Accept full responsibility of a change in policy, standards, specifications of operations.
• Be committed to implement production standards. Understanding that these have been developed to enhance the brand.
2. Daily Operations Duties
• Opening Duties: The Floor Supervisor is responsible to follow up on the opening checklist preformed by the person in charge of opening. He/she should follow up on all the required tasks such as:
• Staff needs.
• Briefing direction
• Reservations direction
• Newcomers trainee training follow-up
• Closing Duties: The Floor Supervisor is responsible to follow up on the closing checklist performed by the person in charge of closing. He should follow up on all the required tasks such as:
• Labor cost during closing period (avoid overstaffing)
• Debrief directions.
• Logbooks follow up and proper reporting.
• Correct and mistake free cash settlement.
• Handle end of day financial reports.
3. Cost Control
• Follow the ordering, purchasing, receiving, and storing procedures strictly.
• Always act in the best interests of the company with regards to minimizing costs (food, beverage, labor and all other rechargeable expenses)
• Receiving: floor supervisor is responsible to receive the goods and make sure that the quantities delivered are requested
• Manage inventory and breakages: follow-up on all the numbers and variances that appear during inventory. He/she is responsible of all calculations related to the variances (report appropriate deductions per department)
4 Quality Control: Production and Service
• He/ she is responsible of checking the quality of the received food and beverage products at his/her outlet.
• Ensure all Received products are stored in their designated locations (dry store, cold rooms and freezers) properly and safely.
• Ensure that all food and beverage products are being consistently prepared and served according to the restaurant’s recipes, portioning, cooking and service standards.
• Periodically check the outlet stores so that a constant flow of food and beverage items is assured. (check expiry dates, spoiled produce, and report as necessary)
• Have a keen eye for detail and be constantly aware of the total picture within the restaurant.
5 Guest Service Quality
• Is responsible for ensuring the entrance is never left unattended and all guest are welcomed in a friendly, smiling and enthusiastic way.
• Ensure that all guests feel welcome and are given responsive, friendly, and courteous service timings along the standards set for the restaurant.
• Fill in where needed to ensure that guest service standards are properly met.
• Verify that the guest receives the food and beverage quality set by the company.
• Participate in resolving all customer complaints, no matter how minor they are. Never think that wowing customers is by offers only.
• Making sure that the team is following the extra mile service with their guests during the service time.
6 Cleanliness and Maintenance Responsibility’s
• Achieve company targets in appearance of his/her outlet, its sanitization and cleanliness through training of employees.
• Ensure that his/her outlet is impeccably clean, pleasant, and tidy.
• Ensure that the furniture and fixtures in his/her branch are clean and in good condition. Report any deterioration as quick as possible.
• Be responsible about the restaurant’s properties from misuse by staff or guests.
• Should watch for chipped smallware (china and glassware) and ensure that it is taken out of circulation immediately. Should co-ordinate closely with the stewarding staff. Report problems to the Outlet manager as appropriate
7 Financial Responsibility
• Actively participate in making the restaurant a profitable operation, and constantly find ways to maximize revenues at all times. Be creative and always eager to come up with new ideas.
• Control cash and other receipts by adhering to cash handling and reconciliation procedures in according with company policy and procedure.
• Is responsible to reach the daily target which is related to the monthly target by following the upselling procedures to increase the guest’s average check.
• Cash collection: the floor supervisor is in charge to maintain a healthy cycle of delivering cash to the responsible person.
Key Performance indicator (KPI)
must add up to 100%
• Health & Safety Audit Rating
• Brand Audit Score
• P&L Results
• CRM reports (Mystery diner, 3rd party platform
Qualifications and Education Requirements
A Bachelor/TS/BS degree or equivalent education in culinary science is required, or similar hospitality management
Must have at least 6 years of experience in the food services industry with at least two year in the same position, while experience in a multi-unit food service company or high-end casual dining venue is also preferred.
Technical skills and KNOWLEDGE:
• Training & Development
• Specific brand cuisine & service standards
• Customer relations
• Ability to lift over 20 Kg on a regular basis.
TRAINING & Certifications:
Advance Food Hygiene Certificate
Basic competency- Technical competency
Knowledge of Food & Beverage products- Conduct staff briefings
Written and spoken English- Inventory checks
Leadership skills- Complaint Handling
Basic Mathematics - Computer skills – Windows, word, excel, outlook, POS & stock management systems
Fanatical attention to detail- Customer relations
Managerial competency (for Managers only)
Ability to read and analyzing some financial reports: cost control reports or others
Training & Coaching ability