About Al-Futtaim Private Company LLC
No two days are the same at Al-Futtaim, no matter what role you have. Our work is driven by the desire to make a difference and to have a meaningful impact with the goal of enriching everyday lives. Take our engaging and supportive work environment and couple it with a company culture that recognises and rewards quality performance, and what do you get The chance to push the limits every single day.
As a humble family business that started on the banks of the Dubai Creek in the 1930s, Al-Futtaim has expanded to a presence in 31 countries, a portfolio of over 200 companies, and 42,000 employees. You'll find us in industries ranging from automotive and retail, to finance and real estate, and connecting people with international names like Lexus, Ikea, and Adidas. Our team is proudly multicultural and multinational because that kind of diverse representation gives us the global mindset to grow and impact the people, markets, and trends around us.About Al-Futtaim IKEA
We are a values-driven company with a passion for life at home. Our vision is to create a better everyday life for the many people.
Al-Futtaim IKEA holds the franchise rights for IKEA in Egypt, Oman, Qatar and the United Arab Emirates.About You
To be a successful Food Safety Specialist for IKEA F & B division, you should have higher education or advanced degree in quality assurance and quality control with focus on food or more than 3 years working experience in the areas of food quality and food safety.
You should have great communication and interpersonal skills and be able to work under pressure in a fast paced environment. You must be fluent in English and Arabic is a strong advantage.
What's more, we believe that you have the following knowledge, capabilities and motivation:
About the Role
- Live and share the IKEA values every day
- Food quality assurance
- Food quality control
- Auditing and investigation procedures
- Local food legislations and operational compliance standards
- Knowledge in a retail/food service environment
- Ability to organise, plan and prioritise
- Multi tasking skills
- Communication and interpersonal skills
You will be responsible for Food Safety compliance in IKEA Retail Food, leading risk-based food safety compliance plan, food safety in the value chain and food safety competence in the market.
Key Specific AccountabilitiesOperational
A few more things for you
- Ensure that IKEA Food safety is compliant to IKEA standards and legal demands as well as valid food safety licenses are in place
- Develop, lead, document and follow up the risk based compliance plan for food safety
- Possess an in-depth knowledge regarding HACCP, Food safety standards and procedures
- Ensure food safety practices in the whole value chain, for customers and co-workers - from farm to fork
- Establish relations with relevant national and local authorities and stay updated on upcoming national food safety legislations
- Liaise with Food Authorities / Municipality on regular basis to get technical advice for new regulations and fulfil government requirements
- Handles complaints or enquiries from customers and local food safety and health departments on food hygiene matters
- Conducts regular vendor inspections in partnership with purchasing and culinary leadership
- Contribute in auditing & investigation procedures, instant traceability and recall management
- Provides in-house food hygiene training for all food handlers, (e.g. new hires and trainees)
- Ensures that equipment and facilities meet the IKEA Food safety standards and legal demands
- Ensure correct food safety information to customers & coworkers including but not limited to food allergens and nutrition facts
- Contribute to the range development process by ensuring IKEA Food safety standards and legal demands
- Prepare and implement efficient plans to eliminate and prevent any food safety risks according to the external Food safety audits
- Conduct internal Food safety reviews and checks on regular manners, and report to IKEA Food Manager & Regional Food Manager where needed
- Ensure that all IKEA Food Co-workers are following safety standards as per requirement
- Contributes to the IKEA Retail Food business plan, focusing on food safety compliance
- Familiar with global food certifications and play a vital role with Kitchen Production Manager while developing the menu to consider sustainable and certified resources where applicable e,g: Fairtrade, rainforest, GSO, GFSI, Organic, ASC, MSC, UTZ, etc…
- Introduce and develop long term sustainable practices, considering a positive environmental impact on people and planet
Interest Then please join us for a rewarding career journey!
We are here to provide excellent service but a little help from you can ensure a five-star candidate experience from start to finish.
Before you click, 'apply': Please read the job description carefully to ensure you can confidently demonstrate why this opportunity is right for you and take the time to put together a well-crafted and personalised CV to further boost your visibility. Our global Talent Acquisition team members are all assigned to specific businesses to ensure that we make the best matches between talent and opportunities. We not only consider the requisite compatibility of skills and behaviours, but also how candidates align with our Values of Respect, Integrity, Collaboration, and Excellence.
As part of our candidate experience promise, we also want to make ourselves available to you throughout the application process. We make every effort to review and respond to every application.