Job Description :
Key Accountabilities :
- Takes direction from Front of House Supervisor to arrange the set-up of the event.
- Greets customers and presents menu to guests.
- Displays a high level of hygiene and cleanliness.
- Consistently demonstrates excellent customer service, is attentive and proactive.
- Takes and serves food/drinks orders and up-sells any additional products.
- Checks that CCG/equipment is correctly distributed to designated places after the event.
- Checks the shelf life of food products offered to guests and appropriately removes out of date stock.
- Checks retail stock according to sales forecast, when necessary.
- Delivers a warm and friendly approach to other team members and shares workload.
- Communicates with customers to receive comments and reports back to Supervisor for further action
- Prepares/displays stock of food and drink for opening.
- Prepares reports in the Inventory Log Book at opening/closing to check sales.
- Understands and checks the menu available in their designated area of work
- Performs other similar or related duties as assigned by Front of House Supervisor.
Basic Skill Requirement :
- Relevant professional qualification
- Degree or comparable formal qualification
- Relevant professional experience
- Recent experience of high street branded operations.
- Experience of managing and controlling budgets/resources and an understanding of financial management procedures
- Good knowledge and understanding of the catering environment and related legislation, including food safety, environment health and health and safety law.
- Successful track record in delivering services in a fast paced, diverse catering environment
- Experience of managing a team of catering operators.
- Demonstrable breadth of experience in large venue catering or comparable service environment
- Sound track record of delivering customer excellence.
- Sound track record of recognising and implementing successful business development opportunities.
Areas of Responsibility :
Supports the Front of House Supervisor to ensure that customers receive a satisfying dining service. Sets up and delivers Food and Beverage, including weddings, retail, banquet, restaurant, stand catering and outside catering. The specific duties of servers vary considerably with the establishment in which they work, consistently providing a fast, efficient, and courteous service. Ensures the thorough breakdown of equipment and resources after the event. Ensures that excellent customer service and presentation is consistently maintained during service delivery.