We are looking for an excellent General Counsel to add value to and be the backbone of our business. You will ensure that company operates within the law at all times, offer counsel on legal issues, create an effective guardian of the organisation and facilitate business strategies development. The successful candidate will be able to ensure legal compliance and limit risk exposure.
• Provide legal input and consultations to the company Board, Management, and Departments when required, in compliance with applicable statutes, rules and regulations while minimizing liability and highlighting legal risks
• Represent company in legal proceedings and monitor/report progress of all litigations (as needed)
• Coordinate legal outsourced activities and manage all 3rd party legal advisors (e.g. litigation)
• Set legal policies, procedures, and standards, and perform legal research to remain updated on new regulations
• Ensure the review of all legal documents drafted or received by the company to make sure they meet company legal standards
• Perform assessment of the regulatory environment and advise CEO and department heads on their impact on strategy and business plans.
• Perform negotiation for any out-of-court settlements satisfactory to both parties in coordination with relevant internal parties
• Develop the department’s annual business plan and KPIs and review its performance, in coordination with Strategy & Performance Management, and develop the department’s budget in coordination with Finance.
• 15+ years of legal experience
• 5+ years of real estate experience
• Law degree and board certification is required
• LLM or equivalent is required
• In depth knowledge of local real estate legal system
• Proven knowledge in corporate structure
• A proven track record of advising on complex business transactions