General Manager- Industrial
The General Manager will lead all production and associated support operations at the facility as well as Sales team, ensuring that corporate, company, and facility goals, objectives, and targets are met. This role is responsible for continually improving manufacturing efficiencies, reducing costs, and achieving all key operational & sales performance objectives. This will be the highest management position with ultimate responsibility and accountability for Sales, Manufacturing, Supply Chain and Material Planning, Inbound and Outbound Logistics, Process Quality, Lean Implementation, and Environmental, Health, and Safety in the SBU. This role will lead a team of factory, supply chain, and logistics, finance & sales teams.
Job Duties/Responsibilities of the General Manager:
- Develop business opportunities by exploring and negotiating business deals with various industrial clients ranging from Oil & Gas, cement plants, Aluminium plants, Steel plants etc.
- Lead a sales team to ensure prospect and lead generation, submission of technical & commercial bids, and successful closing of deals.
- Developing a manufacturing strategy and framework of operating standards within a values-based organization to complement product, business plans, company objectives, and growing customer demands.
- Managing the P&L for the entire vertical.
- Managing and accountability for all machining, maintenance, assembly, and test within the operation.
- Defining the optimum organization structure and recruit, develop, motivate, and manage a manufacturing team that maximizes performance potential and meets current and future business needs.
- Providing an ongoing basis technical support, leadership, motivation, and development in a values-based organization while operating within an environment of continuous improvement.
- Providing of quality products, both products and services, to the customer in a cost-effective and timely manner.
- Establishing consistency in the application of operating standards and an awareness/compliance with safety, health and environmental legislation and company policy.
- Providing direction for the development of quality and productivity improvements on the factory floor.
- Developing annual business plans for reporting divisions to meet the current product schedule.
- Contributing as a key member in the S&OP process, providing relevant and detailed capacity input.
- Making necessary manpower adjustments by determining to hire full time or temporary/supplemental employees, increasing overtime (if necessary), ensuring compliance with the business plan.
- Making decisions requiring a good understanding of shop processes and plant capability.
- Increasing Market share.
- Managing operations within all company manufacturing facilities; to optimize throughout and efficiency while minimizing waste and ensuring company expectations for quality and delivery are met on time and in full.
- Controlling variable and period cost, as well as manages capital assets and inventories to provide targeted return on assets.
- Developing and implementing capital projects which improve/maintain the operational performance of the business on time and within budget.
- Ensuring the levels of raw materials and work in progress are properly controlled and managed through the implementation of best practice Lean Management.
- Managing employment relations and consultation/negotiation process with employees and their representatives to implement, on an ongoing basis, best working practices and operational methods.
- Assuring continuity of operations core competencies by developing succession plans for key personnel.
- Degree in engineering, business or equivalent.
- 15-18 years of progressively responsible job-related experience. A minimum of 5 years of experience leading a manufacturing operation & sales with full P&L responsibility
- Good Market knowledge
- A demonstrable record of having deployed Lean manufacturing principles with measurable results.
- Previous experience re-configuring plants to improve product flow, direct labour efficiencies and space utilization.
- Analytical and conceptual thinking are essential together with excellent interpersonal skills to deal with sensitive issues, develop others, or persuade others inside and outside the organization to take specific actions.
- Age around 45 years.
- Well versed with working in SAP environment.
Monthly gross salary around AED 30 K- AED 35K (Includes basic+ Housing+ living allowances). In addition, the person gets a company-maintained car and all expat benefits.