Our jobs aren't just about giving guests a smooth check-in and check-out. Instead, we want to build and experience that is memorable and unique. Our Guest Experience Experts take the initiative to deliver a wide range of services that guide guests through their entire stay. They are empowered to move about their space and do what needs to be done. Whether processing operational needs, addressing guest requests, completing reports, or sharing the highlights of the local area, the Guest Experience Expert makes transactions feel like part of the experience.
No matter what position you are in, there are a few things that are critical to success - creating a safe work place, following company policies and procedures, maintaining confidentiality, protecting company assets, upholding quality standards, and ensuring your uniform, personal appearance, and communications are professional. Guest Experience Experts will be on their feet and moving around (stand, sit, or walk for an extended time) and taking a hands-on approach to work (move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 10 pounds without assistance). Doing all these things well (and other reasonable job duties as requested) is critical for Guest Experience Experts - to get it right for our guests and our business each and every time.
Some Key Tasks Check-in/Check-out
- Process all guest check-ins by confirming reservations in computer system (e.g., Fidelio, PMS, FOSSE, OPERA), verifying guest identity, requesting form of payment, assigning room, and issuing room key in accordance with property policies and procedures.
- Secure valid form of payment (e.g., credit card, cash) prior to issuing room key.
- Set up accurate accounts for each guest upon check-in according to their requirements (i.e., sharewiths, separate room/tax/incidentals, comp).
- Activate room keys using electronic key machine (e.g., Saflok) and reissue new room keys to guests as necessary (e.g., lost key) by verifying guest identity and using electronic key machine.
- Assign room according to guest request and preferences whenever possible.
- Verify and adjust billing for guests.
- Process all check-outs including express check-outs, resolving any late and disputed charges, settling account, retrieving room key, and requesting comments on guest's stay.
- Advise guest of any messages (e.g., voicemail, mail, faxes) received for them, and send to room if required.
- Accommodate requests for room changes when possible.
- File guest paperwork or documentation.
- Pre-register designated guests and prepare key packets.
- Ensure rates match market codes and that any exceptions are documented and include an explanation.
- Sell a room/accommodation to guests without reservations based on availability.
- Communicate to appropriate staff that there are guests that are waiting for an available room.
- Review requests for late check-outs and approve according to occupancy.
- Keep track of changes in room status (e.g., early check-out, late check-out, room transfer, unexpected stay over) for Housekeeping.
- Coordinate with Housekeeping to track readiness of rooms for check-in and to report guest concerns.
- Obtain and verify proper tax-exempt information for tax-exempt guests.
- Confirm reservations and cancellations.
- Instruct guests on how to access the internet (e.g., dial-up, broadband, wireless).
- Run daily reports (number of arrivals, departures), identify any special requests, and check reports for accuracy.
- Complete designated cashier and closing reports in the computer system.
- Run credit card authorization report and check for discrepancies.
- Review shift logs/daily memo books and document pertinent information in logbooks.
- Print contingency lists to have a record of all guests in case of emergency.
- Supply guests/residents with directions and information regarding property amenities, services, and hours of operation, and local areas of interest and activities.
- Contact appropriate individual or department (e.g., Bellperson, Front Desk, Housekeeping, Engineering, Security/Loss Prevention) as necessary to resolve guest call, request, or problem.
- Receive, record, and relay messages accurately, completely, and legibly.
- Answer, record, and process all guest calls, requests, questions, or concerns.
- Follow up with guests to ensure their requests or problems have been met to their satisfaction.
- Accept and record wake-up call requests and deliver to appropriate department.
- Respond to special requests from guests/residents with unique needs.
- Communicate parking procedures to guests/visitors.
- Dispatch bell staff or valet staff as needed.
- Process all payment types such as room charges, cash, checks, debit, or credit.
- Process adjustment vouchers, paid-outs, correction vouchers, and miscellaneous charges.
- Count bank at end of shift and secure bank.
- Balance and drop receipts according to Accounting specifications.
- Provide change to guests.
- Obtain manual authorizations and follow all Accounting procedures when computer system is down.
- Cash guests personal checks and traveler's checks.
- Count bank at the beginning of shift to ensure that amounts are correct and that there is adequate change.
- Print credit check report, review status of each account, and follow up on accounts beyond approved credit limits.
- Notify Security of any guest reports of theft.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer.We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture.We are committed to non-discrimination onanyprotectedbasis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.