Job Description :
One of the largest regional manufacturing and supplier of architectural products in the region
To take control of this newly created department of Prefab building of affordable housing. We are looking for an individual who is passionate about LEAN principles and managing a growing plant that services the booming construction market to join our Prefabrication Department as a Head or Director of Manufacturing.
Qualifications & Desired Skills:
- Plan, organize, direct and run optimum day-to-day operations to exceed customer expectations while implementing lean practise.
- Increase production, assets capacity and flexibility while minimizing unnecessary costs and maintaining current quality standards.
- Be responsible for production output, product quality, and on-time shipping.
- Allocate resources effectively and fully utilize assets to produce optimal results.
- Implement strategies in alignment with strategic initiatives and provide a clear sense of direction and focus.
- Monitor operations and trigger corrective actions.
- Manage and develop plant and field installation staff.
- Collect and analyze data to find places of waste or overtime utilizing lean manufacturing practices.
- Develop systems and processes that track and optimize productivity standards, metrics and performance targets to ensure effective return on assets.
- Monitoring and reporting of KPI's.
- Coordinate with Design, Plant Operations and Procurement.
- Stay up to date with the latest production management best practices and concepts.
- Create and monitor budgets for staffing and projects.
- Hold weekly production meetings.
- Commit to plant safety procedures.
- Present budget updates bi-weekly.
- Appropriate degree in Engineering
- Ten (10) years’ experience in an industrial company with a similar number of Employees.
- Proven managerial experience.
- Adequate knowledge of business and management principles (budgeting, strategic planning, resource allocation and human resources).
- Familiarity with industry standard equipment and technical expertise.
- Knowledge of safety, quality, productivity, demand creation, inventory and stewardship processes required.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Ability to create accountability and lead by example.
- Strong team building, decision-making and people management skills.
- Prior construction building materials experience in a manufacturing setting, preferably with metal.
- Must work and live by LEAN principles.